Chapter 26

{The Next Morning}

~Darius POV~

"Eber, don't eat that!" Alador shouted into the other room.

"Everything okay?" I asked, leaning into the living room.

Alador held something, a vial of abomination above his head. Eber was jumping, trying to get it.

"You'll get sick!" Alador told Eber. "The abomination in this has more chemicals than regular abominations!"

I laughed and picked up Eber.

"You can't eat that, Eber." I told him.

He whimpered that it looked tasty.

"It's slime." I told him.

He said he didn't care. He tried to wriggle out of my grasp. Alador put the vial of abomination on a shelf out of Eber's reach. I put Eber on the floor. He whimpered.

Eber started trying to climb the boxes to get to the shelf.

"No! Stop it!" I snapped, grabbing Eber before he got to the shelf.

Eber called me a meanie then jumped out of my arms and ran into the bedroom.

"Babe, put that vial somewhere else please. Before Eber tries to grab it while we're not paying attention." I suggested.

Alador nodded. He grabbed the vial then walked off to find a place for the vial.

I went into the bedroom. Eber laid on one of the boxes. He was grumbling that Alador and I are mean.

{A Few Days Later}

"Everything is set up!" Alador exclaimed.

He pretended to fall back so I'd catch him, which I obviously did. He smiled at me and I set him back on his feet. Eber sniffed around. He happily stated the place smells like him.

Eda keeps randomly breaking in to steal apple blood in the middle of the night. I don't know why.

{A Couple Days Later}

I've been trying for hours to teach Alador this phrase in French. He refuses to actually say it though.

"Je." I said.

"Je." Alador repeated.

"Teh." I said.

"Teh." He repeated.

"Am." I said.

"Am." He repeated."

"Je t'aime." I put it together.

He stared at me.

"Je t'aime." I said. "Come on, Alador. It's easy. We've sounded it out like 10 times by now. Why won't you put it together?"

"Tell me what it means." He stated. "I don't like surprises."

I sighed.

"It means 'I love you '." I told him.

"Je t'aime." Alador finally repeated.

"Finally." I laughed. "That took longer than it should've."

I kissed him.

"If you just told me what it meant before it wouldn't have taken so long." He said.

He smiled at me.

"Can we cuddle now?" He asked.

"Of course, Cutie." I answered.

"Yay!" He replied.

{Several Weeks Later}