Chapter 12

{A Few Days Later}

~Alador POV~

Dad dropped me off at Hexside then left. I sat on the steps and was about to start reading when something jumped on my shoulder. I looked over quickly. It's just Eber.

"Hi, Eber." I said.

He made a sound.

I noticed Darius wasn't with him.

"Where's Darius?" I asked.

He made a sound, fake sneezed, pretended to fall asleep, then jumped up.

"He's got the...fire flu?" I asked confused.

He nodded.

"How did I actually get that right?" I said.

Benjamin Rattington poked his head out of my school bag. He must be looking Ace.

"Ace isn't here today." I told him. "They're with Darius and he's out sick."

Benjamin squeaked that he was disappointed. Then he curled back up in my school bag. I took a cracker from my lunchbox and dropped it in my bag. Benjamin nibbled on the cracker.

{A Couple Hours Later}

Edalyn, Raine, Lilith, and Perry sat at the lunch table with Eber and I.

"Okay, so there's someone in Latissa claiming he's the titan reborn. He's a total loon. We have to check it out." Edalyn said.

"He sounds dangerous. If he's that delusional-" Perry started.

"That's the fun part, Porter!" Raine said.

Eber barked.

"Eber says 'you have no choice but to come'." Raine translated.

"You wanted to be friends with us." Edalyn reminded Perry.

"I know." Perry said.

"You're stuck with us now." Edalyn said.

"Be nice, Eda." Raine said.

"I am being nice, Rainestorm! My kind of nice." Edalyn protested.

Raine blushed at the nickname. Something about Edalyn and Raine since grom has been different. I could be wrong though, probably am.

"You'll get used to the chaos we manage to get ourselves into." I told Perry. "Some dangerous, some not. Most of it illegal. You'll get used to all of it."

"What do you mean 'most of it illegal'?" Perry asked.

"It's as it sounds." I said.

"I don't feel safe..." He muttered under his breath.

Eber snickered.

{Several Hours Later}

"How do we get to Latissa again?" I asked.

"The sewers." Edalyn said.

"Is there another way?" Perry asked.

Eber whimpered as if he didn't like the sewer idea either.

"Flying, obviously." Edalyn answered.

"Let's fly." Lilith said.

Porter, Eber, and I agreed with her.

"You guys are no fun!" Edalyn said.

"Not everyone likes sewers." Raine laughed. "Sewers are kind of gross."