First Lessons

A/N: to clear up any potential confusion, your semblance is basically biotics from Mass Effect.

Legend:
""= people talky bits
[]= robot talky bits
{[]}= setting change

_=_=_=_=_=_

{[THE DORMS; YOUR POV]}

You stirred in your bed, trying to shake off the troughs of tiredness. Through the haze, you heard the chatter of your new teammates. Sitting up, you rubbed your eyes, finally focusing your thoughts. Nathan's voice was the first you could make out.

"I'm just saying, we're not gonna have enough time to unpack before classes start."

"Only if we're slow!" Anna's voice argued.

You looked around the dorm. Your collective pile of luggage sitting in the far right corner. You were in the bed farthest to the left of the door.

"Well look whos finally up!" Luna stated, walking to your bed.

"Morning, fearless leader," you said sarcastically, swinging your legs over the edge of the bed. You ran your hands through your hair before standing to stretch. "How long have those two been at it?"

"Only a few minutes," she said, handing you your uniform. Looking around you saw that everyone else was already dressed. The only one not dressed to "code" was Nathan, who had forgone the dress shirt and tie for a plain red t-shirt.

You stood, heading to the bathroom to shower and change, leaving the two to squabble.

You stepped back outside a few minutes later, dressed to pinpoint standard.

"Damn (Y/n)," Anna commented, giving a low whistle. "Is it inspection already?"

You chuckled, scratching your neck. "Well, I was a part of the military for a brief time. Old habits and all."

"And here I thought the jetpack and giant robot were just for show," Nathan jested. "Now can we please get a move on? I don't wanna be late on our first day."

"But we need to put our stuff away!" Anna countered.

"That can wait til after classes," you said, agreeing with Nathan. "It won't reflect well if our first day is a bad one.

Anna groaned, but went along as you all left for your first class. "Well ,,then what's first on our roster?"

Luna looked at your team's schedule on her scroll. "Grimm Education with Professor Port," she informed.

"Ooh, I hear we get to fight Grimm in that class!" Nathan exclaimed with an excited gleam in his eyes.

"Well at least it won't be boring then," you responded hopefully.

_=_=_=_=_=_

'Oh my gods I've never been more wrong,' you hopelessly thought as you forced yourself to pay attention to Port's lecture. While the beginning of the lecture seemed promising, it had quickly devolved to Port recounting old war stories in hopes that you got some sort of education from it.

You took a glance at your teammates to see how they were fairing.

To your left, your sister sat forward, her chin resting in both her hands, looking bored out of her skull. Not surprising really. She never was a fan of rhetoric.

Next to her, Anna sat with her legs crossed in the seat, playing with a strand of her blonde hair. Looking to your left, Nathan sat doodling in what looked like a sketchbook.

You zoned back into the lecture as Port was wrapping up.

"The moral of the story?" He concluded. "A true huntsman must be honorable. A true huntsman must be dependable. A true huntsman must be strategic, well educated, and wise."