Prejudice and Truth

Legend:
""= people talky bits
[]= robot talky bits
{[]}= setting change

_=_=_=_=_=_

{[DOWNTOWN VALE; YOUR POV]}

Your team walked with Team RWBY through downtown Vale. The city was being decorated and the streets were bustling with excited citizens, all excited for the coming Vytal Festival. Your group walks under a banner saying 'WELCOME TO VALE!'

"The Vytal Festival!" Weiss exclaimed in excitement "Oh this is absolutely wonderful!"

"Don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Ice Queen," Anna teases.

"It's kinda weirding me out," Ruby mutters.

The white-haired girl turns back to the group. "How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! Dances, parades, a tournament!"

Luna nods. "I agree, especially with this year's being the 100th Vytal Festival, all the Kingdoms have come together to make this the biggest celebration yet!"

Weiss puts her hands on her chest. "Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!"

Nathan and Yang roll their eyes. "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring," Yang sighs.

"Maybe it's a second semblance," the spider faunus teases.

"You two hush," the heiress huffs.

You chuckle, sipping a milkshake from a nearby vendor as your group rounds the corner, the expanse of the ocean coming into view.

"Anyone wanna tell me why when we have a whole city of vendors and activities we could be exploring, we're spending our Saturday at the smelly docks?" Nathan asks resting his hands behind his head.

"Ugh, it smells like fish," Ruby whines, holding her nose.

"Luna and I have heard that students from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. As representatives of Beacon, we see it as our solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom." Weiss proclaims with a smile.

Luna chuckles. "We're scoping out the competition for the tournament," she explains.

"Luna!" Weiss pouts, causing you all to laugh.

Nathan looks down a nearby street. "Woah, what happened there?" You all look, seeing a dust store with its windows shattered and covered in police tape. You all walk over, catching a cop's attention.

"What happened here?" Ruby asks with genuine concern.

"Robbery." The cop answers, putting his notepad away. "Second shop to get hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle."

"That's awful.." Yang says.

"They left all the money again," another cop says, catching your attention.

The first cop shakes his head. "Doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much dust?"

"What ya thinking? White Fang?"

"I'm thinking we don't get paid enough. Crime's gone up in the last few months ever since the Web dropped off the map."

"Yeah what's up with that? You think someone finally flatlined him?"

"Hell I dunno. Honestly never thought I'd miss a vigilante.."

You tilt your head at that last part. Vigilante?

Weiss huffs next to you. "The White Fang. What an awful bunch of degenerates."

Blake tilts her head at her. "What's your problem?"