Feelings Jam

A/N: So, seeing as I didn't really get any votes for the ship, I've decided to go with the poll from the last version of this story! So you'll be shipped with...

Blake!

...and maybe Velvet if I can find a good way to work her in since they did technically tie for first...

Anyway, get ready for some more backstories, cuz the teams are about to have a feelings jam!

Also, you can thank my best friend for the idea of Nathan's backstory.

Legend:
""= people talky bits
[]= robot talky bits
{[]}= setting change

_=_=_=_=_=_

{[BEACON DORMS; YOUR POV]}

It's been a week since the confrontation at the docks. You and Blake were eager to use the tracker you had planted to chase down Torchwick and confront him, but as your luck would have it, the crime leader had abandoned the airship in the middle of a forest, and the trail had run cold yet again.

At the moment, your team as well as Teams RWBY and JNPR are gathered in your common room, sitting on the various pieces of furniture, except for Ruby, Luna, and Jaune, who are standing in front of you all. The coffee table, for some reason, is covered with a sheet.

"Now, I'm sure you've all been wondering why we gathered you here tonight," Ruby says, smiling at you all.

"Our three teams have the potential to be the strongest ones in our year if we work together," Luna states with confidence, clearly putting the speech training she received from your mother to good use. "So as a good first step towards that, Ruby and I have gathered the twelve of us together so that we may tell our stories, and strengthen our bonds. Also, in an effort to prevent what happened last weekend from ever occurring again. There shall be no more secrets between us."

"Uh, yeah. What they said." Jaune adds nervously, clearly not used to this.

"There are four rules!" Ruby says, pulling out her leader's voice. "No interrupting anyone! No arguments! And no judgment! This is a safe space! Finally, anything that is said here does not leave this room! Got it?" You all nod in agreement.

Pyrrha tilts her head at her leader. "Are you sure about this Jaune?" She asks worriedly.

He nods. "Yeah, I trust everyone here, and I think they deserve to know," he says, piquing your curiosity.

"Wait!" Nora yells, standing up. She glares at Luna. "Where are the snacks? I was told there'd be snacks!"

She giggles, reaching down and pulling the sheet off the coffee table, revealing chips, cookies, and dipping sauces, as well as various other forms of snacks. "Of course, what's a feelings jam without a few refreshments?"

"Feelings jam?" Anna asks, swiping a bag of Doritos.

"It's what our Mom calls it," You explain, taking a soda. "She'd sometimes get us and our brothers together to hash out our feelings, to vent and get stuff off our chests."

"Wait you have brothers?" Weiss asks.

"Yes, and we'll get to that. But in the meantime, I think Jaune wanted to go first?"

The blonde boy nods, taking the spot next to Pyrrha. He takes a breath. "So, my team already knows this, and I really hope you guys won't tell anyone but... I wasn't really accepted into Beacon. I didn't graduate from or even go to a combat school. I got ahold of some fake transcripts and falsified them."

"Why would you do that?" Weiss asks.

"Because I've always wanted to be a Huntsman," he explains. "My father, my grandfather, my great-grandfather... They all fought to protect people. They were all heroes. And I... I wanted to be one too... I was just never good enough..." Pyrrha puts her hand on his shoulder.