Chapter 4

This school is unbelievable. This day was unbelievable. Cameron is unbelievable. "What do you mean "the other side?" Cameron frowned "The other side."

"You can't help." "I can! You just have to tell me what's going on!" She turned to me. "The other side." What? "What's the other side?" I could tell she didn't want to tell me but she did. "The other side is the other side of this world. It has people. All the people that died here from all over the world.. Mostly the people from this school and other schools in the area from Preschools to colleges. I'm sure you've felt it. When you lose someone close to you or are about to, you can feel it. It feels like someone is watching you but there is no one there." I couldn't tell if she was messing around or being serious. But by the look on her face she was serious or a really good actor. "Wait, I have a question." She nodded. "So when you're going to lose someone that day it happens right..?" She sighed, "Yeah pretty much only i didn't feel it so i guess i wasn't the most important person to Alex. You have to have a present or past relationship to be able to feel it. Also you have to be one of the most important people to them." I couldn't come to terms with what I was hearing. I wasn't going to trust her. "Have you felt it yet?" I nodded, "Is there any way to stop it?" I needed an answer. "All the times people have felt it they tried to stop it. It just doesn't work. You would have to be in The other side to stop it." I was afraid of what I would see when I opened up my phone.

"How do you know who it will happen to?" "You just know it usually gives a hint. Something bad happens in general or something bad happens to them and they'll die later or the next day." I grabbed her hands. "That's impossible! Does that mean my mom is-!..." I faded out scared. She slowly hugged me. "I'm sorry this happened to you Miller." Why? "Is there a way to undo it?" I bit my lip to stop myself from crying. "Yeah. It wont work though. It will put the whole world in trouble. Millions of people will die if we fail." I smiled. "That's a risk I'm willing to take." 

 Cameron stood up. "You can't be serious!" The worst that could happen is I die in the process. 

I honestly didn't mind one bit if millions of other people die. Also, she said that's the worst that could happen. So unless we fail everyone will be fine. I'm going to make this stop.

 "I'm going to do it whether you're with me or not so what do you say?" Cameron sighed then astonishly she smiled. "I'm in."

We made plans to meet up at the park near the school at 7:30 and discuss the rest of our scheme there. On the walk home I pulled out my phone. 3 missed calls from the same number. I opened up my phone and clicked the number. It started ringing. Almost as immediately as I called it someone answered. "Hello, is this the daughter of Chloe Miller?"

I took a deep breath and held it. "Yes. Did something happen?" I already knew what she would say. I braced myself. "Your mother came to the hospital last night, correct?" I don't know why she would ask. "Yes?" "Well, I'm so very sorry to inform you that your mother and father-" My father? She paused. "-uh died last night..." What did I even do to cause this to happen?

 "I'm very sorry. You have my condolences." Her voice did sound sympathetic and full of pity, but I figured she knew how to fake it since this is her job. I hung up before she could say something else. I continued my walk home. Once I reached my house, I was surprised to see it in the condition it was in. This day was full of surprises. I couldn't help but start laughing. 

Nothing was funny. Except for the fact that I had really bad luck. My house was burned to the floor. Everything was ash or in small pieces. There was caution tape around the whole thing. I heard footsteps behind me. I steadily turned around. It was Cameron. Covered in ash.