The Date Continues

They continued to search the bookstore to look for Irene's birthday present. As they were walking through the aisle Baekhyun eyes won't sit still and he was also searching for something, it was not irene's present but it was for Irene herself. He wants to make sure that the person he saw back there was really Irene or was he hallucinating.

As he thought he  saw Irene again with a small whiteboard written on it was

REMEMEBER THIS IS YOUR DATE WITH WENDY NOT GETTING TO KNOW IRENE... REMEMBER OR YOU WILL BE X_X

"Did you find the book yet?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yeah I found it... wait are you... okay?" Wendy saw that Baekhyun couldn't focus.

"Yeah I'm okay, I'm just having a feeling that someone is watching and following me?" 

"Hmm if Irene wasn't busy then that would be her." 

"She's busy today?"

"Yeah she told me she had something important today so she can't join to watch the movie with me." 

Wendy then proceed to the counter.

"I don't know if that is scary or overprotective..."

--------------------------------------------

Exiting the bookstore Wendy look at her watch and the movie will start in about 20 minutes. They just decided to just wait for the movie in front of the cinema. Baekhyun bought them popcorns and beverages. They sat next to each other on a bench. The atmosphere was still a little awkward for the two of them.

"You know, I am a little bit of a scaredy cat" Wendy said.

"But you still like horror movie?" 

"Irene was always with me, because of her I grew my love for horror movie but that doesn't mean that I am immune to the spooks." 

"She's a smart girl indeed." Wendy was confused when Baekhyun said that.

"Just know that your bestfriend really is giving out her everything to make sure you're happy even if I don't know what's the reason behind it." Baekhyun continues.

"You didn't ask her why did she asked you to go on a date with me for 3 months?" Wendy questioned him.

"At first I hadn't thought about it, but now thinking about there surely be something big as the reason I can't tell what is it but I can sense it's pure and sweet." Baekhyun said.

Wendy just smiled and slowly looked down to the popcorn she's holding. What Baekhyun just said reminded her of cancer. Irene just wanted her to feel happy at times like this. Knowing that doesn't make her smile but instead she started to cried as she felt that she has been burdening Irene so much in her life. All those clumsy moments that Irene had to deal constantly and all those dumb wishes that Irene went extreme measures to grant it. 

-------------------------------------

Wendy is a huge fan of the group NMIXX and she has a lot of their albums on her shelf but during their recent comeback Wendy asked a huge favor from Irene. She wanted to go to their first concert ever. Irene pondered for a moment when she heard that. But then Irene disappeared for a few days. The next week Irene magically reappeared. She came back but didn't say anything about her disappearances.

Then the night before the first day of the concert they were having a conversation in Wendy's room.

"Tomorrow is the day Irene, It's their first concert." Wendy said with excitement.

"Will you go?" Irene asked while reading her book.

"No... I didn't get a ticket it was quite expensive for my standard." Wendy laid back on her bed as she said that.

Irene then approached her and showed two tickets to the concert.

"I would never understand you kpop people but here's two ticket." 

Wendy jumped from her bed and hugged Irene. They then fell onto the floor and laughed together at it. Later that night Irene explained where she had been when she was missing. She told Wendy that she got a part time job at her uncle's cafe to earn some pocket money to afford the ticket. Yes Irene's family was wealthy but Irene never felt it right if she was using her parent's money to buy something that personally wants.

"You always went the extra miles for me... why?" Wendy hugged her bestfriend.

"Sometimes reality is painful... maybe one day you'll understand it." Irene chuckles as she said that.

---------------------------

Wendy's only wish right now is for the time to be ticking faster so that Irene could be free from all the burden. Then Baekhyun saw it. He saw that Wendy was crying. He immediately wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"Why are you crying? Did I said something wrong?" Baekhyun was worried.

"No it's nothing." Wendy looked at her watch and the movie was about to start. She stood up and grabbed Baekhyun's hand to go inside but then she felt embarrassed holding Baekhyun's hand and release it.

"Sorry..."

A lot of things is going in her mind right now. "What if Baekhyun learns the truth? Will he be fine with my clumsy nature? Why won't I just die now." 

They settled in their seats in the hall and wait for the movie to starts. Baekhyun was constantly checking on Wendy.

"Is something wrong on me?" Wendy asked.

"No I was just making sure your tears won't ruin your beautiful face anymore." Baekhyun said.

Wendy felt a little shock to her heart. She started to smile again. At that moment Baekhyun actually felt something small, maybe a little liking to Wendy. He himself didn't understand how and why did he suddenly said what he said just now.

Finally the movie starts. They were casually enjoying the movie until the spooks came on the big screen. They were plenty of them and each one of them scared the crap out of Wendy. Baekhyun noticed that, he puts up her hand at Wendy's eyes whenever he felt that something scary was about to show on the screen.  Wendy looked at Baekhyun who was full focused on the movie but still held up his hand. She smiled at it. It was a simple thing but cute. just the way she likes it. simple and cute.

Then suddenly a jumpscare appeared and Wendy freaked out. She jumped a little from it and grabbed Baekhyun's shoulder because she thought that was Irene. She usually does that whenever she was with irene and horror movies. She then realized that she was not with Irene this time and let go of Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun smiled at it and took Wendy's hand and put it on his shoulder. Slowly Wendy's head started to tilt and landed on Baekhyun's shoulder.

It was awkward still but Wendy felt the comfort from Baekhyun. again simple and cute.

𝙏𝙤 𝘽𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙚𝙙...