Love & War

That night Baekhyun texted Wendy. He was asking her if she was doing fine and the usuals but then he started to ask questions. He asked her if she can tell him what was Irene true intentions by setting them up. Wendy saw the message but then it took her a few moments to reply to it as if she was thinking about what to say. Well she did.

"Because I like you." Wendy replied.

"I know that but why? And specifically she said three months?" Baekhyun keeps throwing questions at her.

"Maybe you should ask her yourself."

"As if everyone haven't told me that." Baekhyun sighed.

"Did it work out? Wait why am I asking that, that's dumb sorry." Wendy was confused by her own words. Of course it didn't work out if it did then he wouldn't be asking you the question.

"It's okay it's just been bothering me a lot..."

"Maybe one day you'll learn the truth Baekhyun and when you do I don't want you to be sad... What am I rambling here nevermind... I think we should end it here I'm sleepy goodnight..." Wendy left the chat there as she doesn't feel like thinking about it. In less than 2 months she would be losing all of the people she ever loved and cared about and most importantly her own life. Nothing could ever prepare her for what's to come.

------------------

The next day arrived just like that. Irene and Wendy are heading inside of the school when suddenly they ran into Baekhyun. Wendy then became excited and ran to him. The two walked together and Minho was left behind.

Then Seulgi approached Irene from the back.

"Is that what you were trying to achieve?" Seulgi asked Irene.

"Yes, but not entirely yet my goal is still far away from completing." Irene replied with a giggle.

"I still don't understand it."

"Why are you trying to understand it? Love is an emotion and emotion is not something with a reason you can understand by reading books." Irene said.

Then the two continued to walk to their class. Minho who was left behind then turned around to Irene when he saw Seulgi was also there with Irene. What a good start to his day he thought.

"Hi seulgi." Minho greeted her crush.

"No." Seulgi continued to walk.

"Don't you think that was rude?"

"He asked for my phone number yesterday."

"Woah even I don't have that, but still that's a little too rude come on seulgi." Irene convinced her.

Seulgi sighed, turned around and waved at Minho. She didn't smile though but that was enough to make Minho blushed.

------------------

It was history class and the teacher came in. The name is Park Sooyoung.

"Well class I have something I want you guys to do during the weekend. It's not much but it's fun maybe not for everyone... Still, I want you guys to go out of your houses and do a little research of Korean history, it could be anything you want I'm not setting any limits. Then after that you need to write down what did you get from the history you researched it could be moral or even pictures of architecture." Miss Sooyoung explained to the class.

"Miss is this an individual work or pair?" Baekhyun asked the teacher.

"It's a paired work and I would like you guys to choose your own partner."

Baekhyun immediately raised his hand and said she wanted Seulgi to be his partner. Everyone was quite in shock when Baekhyun chose Seulgi to be his partner. He was already smart enough so he doesn't need any hands from someone like seulgi. He like Irene not seulgi so that couldn't be the reason.

Miss Sooyoung asked if Seulgi is ok with Baekhyun. Seulgi just nodded to it without emotion as usual. Seulgi can already tell that he is up to something.

------------------

Baekhyun let seulgi chose her desired place to go and then they both ended up in a library. Baekhyun was partially disappointed with the place that Seulgi chose. He thought Seulgi would choose a museum or a tourist attraction.

"I don't like crowded place." Seulgi brought all the books they need.

"Fitting for someone introverted like you." Seulgi handed a book to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun looked at the title and noticed that all of the books on the table is about the Korean War.

"Why did you chose this?"

"Irene told me all the answers I need lies here. In this historical event." Hearing that Baekhyun was excited to start reading the books in hoping to find Irene's true intentions.

After an hour of reading he realized that he is also isn't sure what he is looking for.

"Hey can I ask you something?" Seulgi closed the book she was reading.

"Yeah anything, I won't mind it."

"Why are you so eager to find out Irene's true intentions?"

"Because at first it was so weird and awkward to be going on a date with Wendy, it was a sudden request by her and without thinking much I just accepted it..."

"But why did you accept it?"

"I don't know either."

"What about now? Is it still weird?"

"Actually now... I think I'm starting to have feelings for Wendy... I don't know when it started but everytime I look at her now I just couldn't help but to smile... Her clumsy nature is her charming point in my eyes it's cute whenever she tried to do something but then messed it up because I saw her sincerity in doing it haha."

"What if suddenly one day Wendy is gone?"

"What do you mean?"

"What if Wendy suddenly die?"

"Love isn't something that dies right so even if she is no longer here I would still love her..." Baekhyun said slowly.

"Yeah sadness is apart of it too right can't have a rainbow if there is no rain."

Seulgi then starred at the book in front of her. She is trying to correlate what Baekhyun just said with the Korean War. It would be a stretch if you ask other but she believes in Irene. Suddenly it hit her.

"I got it..." Seulgi figured it out finally.

𝙏𝙤 𝘽𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙚𝙙...