An Unforgettable Smile

Another usual night in Wendy's room. Irene is reading the book while Wendy is blasting K-pop behind her and dancing to the songs. After Wendy got tired of dancing she laid down on her bed. She grabbed her phone and scrolled through her social media. Then she saw something that peeked her interest which caused her immediately to stood up and ran to Irene.

"Irene!" Wendy shouted with excitement.

"What is it?" Irene turned to Wendy.

Wendy showed Irene the poster of Nmixx is going to make a mini concert at the local park where they lived in. She was already excited to see her favorite idols performing but to put the cherry on top the mini concert would be free as it is for charity. Wendy burst into excitement as she showed that to Irene. Irene couldn't help it but to smile at her.

"I'll let Baekhyun know about this tomorrow." Irene said.

"No..." Wendy stopped jumping.

"Wait what? why not?" Irene was utterly confused.

"I do appreciate everything you had done for me, like making Baekhyun go on a date with me and all... but the thing is I do miss it the times that it's only us two doing all the things together... I don't really have that much time left you can tell..." Wendy looked at the calendar hanging on her wall with red mark all over the dates counting down the days.

Irene quickly stood up and took down the calendar from the wall to stop reminding her that her time is almost over. Irene was speechless. Tears started to fall on the calendar as she was standing there. Wendy then walked up to her and grabbed her hands. 

"I wanted to spend time with my best friend too." Wendy said with a smile.

"Alright then I'll go to the concert with you..."

"Thank you Irene..."

----------------------------------

They arrived at the park and they saw that a lot of people have arrived before them, well what do you expect from a famous group. Gladly there are tons of food truck around them so Irene just headed to one of them to get some food for them. Wendy was enjoying the performance and she was glad that she could see her favorite idols for one last time. Irene came back to her bringing foods and beverages.

Irene isn't a fan of K-pop so she doesn't really understand how to vibe to the performance but then as she saw Wendy was cheering and jamming to the performance she started to bob her head slowly to the beat of the song. There she heard Seulgi was laughing.

Irene turned to her left and saw Seulgi was there too.

"Hey I didn't know you like K-pop." Irene said.

"There a lot of things you don't know about me."

The three friends enjoyed the concert as well helped charity by buying all the food from the food trucks. It was an experience for them. A pleasant one.  Wendy enjoyed it the most not really because of the group but rather it was the first time in months that she finally got the opportunity to hang out with Irene.

After that they went rollerblading together. Irene didn't know how to rollerblade but surprisingly Wendy knew how. So Irene was holding onto Wendy the whole time as they were circling the course. At times Irene would scream on top of her lungs that she was about to fall but then Wendy caught her before she fell. Seulgi recorded all of it on her phone to keep it as memories for when the time comes.

After that they went cycling together. Once again Irene didn't know how to ride a bike so Wendy decided to teach her how to ride a bike. It was wholesome. After a few times falling off the bike Irene slowly started to get the hang of it. The sun finally set and it was time to go home. They waved goodbye at Seulgi and walked back home.

----------------------------------------

Today was such a fun day, Wendy thought to herself. She hasn't spend time with her bestfriend in months and when she finally got to she felt good. Irene told Wendy that they should visit one place before they went back home.

"Where? The convenience store?" Wendy was weirded out as Irene asked her to wait for a moment.

"No not here, I just wanted to get some snacks do you want anything?" Irene said.

Wendy just shook her head and after Irene bought her snacks they continued their night walk and finally they reached their destination. It was the wall of hopes and dreams. They gazed at the wall.

"We came full circle right?" Irene said.

"It feels like it..." Wendy said.

"Are you afraid...?" Wendy asked her.

"Afraid? of what?"

"Of when the day finally comes..." Wendy was slowly accepting that she will die soon. 

"It hasn't come yet right? so what am I supposed to be afraid of?" Irene faked her laughs.

"Only now I understand the story behind this wall..." Wendy said to Irene.

"What is it?" Irene was intrigued.

"The girl took her own life because no one was there for her, She never felt loved by anyone so she thought she served no purpose in life. I am happy I have someone by my side right now or not I think I would probably ended up the same as the girl..." Wendy explained.

"I'm happy you finally understand the meaning behind this wall." 

"To have someone by your side who always love you is such a blessing..."

"It is" Irene said that as she was munching her snacks.

Wendy then hugged her. The hug felt different this time. Irene just hugged her back as a respond. They didn't say anything to each other as they were enjoying the warmth hug of their bestfriend. Wendy slowly closed her eyes as she was smiling from ear to ear...

After a while Irene felt weird why isn't Wendy moving. She pulled Wendy and found out that Wendy had fell unconscious while hugging her. She panicked. What is she gonna do... her bestfriend just lost her consciousness. 

"Wendy are you ok?" Irene desperately trying to get a respond from Wendy.

"Wendy don't leave me yet... please..." 

𝙏𝙤 𝘽𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙚𝙙...