The Feeling That Connects Us

I wasn't the person who I was today. Back then I was a loner nobody wanted to play or even talk with me. Sometimes I go to the playground and I see everyone were playing with their friends and I got a little jealous. Maybe it's because of my family status or just because I was too shy to say hi.  That was my everyday. Go to the playground, watch as all the kids play together and having fun while I was sitting on the bench at the side, go back home and repeat the cycle tomorrow.

Until one fateful day when everything started to change because of her. One day, I was just sitting on the bench as usual when someone came up to me and said hi. The girl had short hair. She was different from the other girls because we usually have long hair. I just said hi back to her and she asked me why was I sitting all by myself there at the bench. I told her I wanted to play and have fun but I was too shy to say anything to someone. Even though I said that my words weren't stuttering with her. It's fate I suppose.

She then asked me If I would like to join her to play at the playground, I just said yes and we hang out at the swing. I could feel the wind just by swinging haha. It felt great to be playing there. When it was time to part way she went up to me and said "See you tomorrow, friend".

Did I just made a friend?

-------------------------

Then sun has risen and Irene went inside to see how is Wendy doing. She is still unconscious on the bed but at least her heartbeat monitor is back to normal. That was a huge relief. Irene went out of the hospital to take some fresh air. She needs it right now so she sat at the grass looking at the view. Wendy saw Irene from the window of her room. 

As Irene was gazing at the beautiful view suddenly Wendy appeared besides her. Irene freaked out.

"Wendy aren't you supposed to be in bed?" Irene was worried.

"I feel like spending my final moments by your side." Wendy smiled. 

"But... but..." Irene started to cried.

"It's okay Irene, there are things that we can't control... life and death is not our choice it's god's..." Wendy hold her best friend.

"But.. you can live on... I will pay for everything that you need..." Irene was still shedding her tears as she was saying that.

"Like I said Irene... It's okay I am not afraid of it anymore..." Wendy continued.

"But I don't want to lose you..." Irene hugged her bestfriend and continued to cry out. Wendy doesn't cry this time except she just smiled. Maybe she never felt this emotion before and she doesn't know how to react to it.

"I have something to ask you though Irene..." 

"What is it? just ask I don't care anymore at this point I just don't want to lose you..." Irene tightens her gripped of Wendy.

"Remember the time that we were going to the nmixx concert?"

"Of course I remember.

"So I wanted to know... what do you mean by the harsh reality?" 

Irene let go of Wendy and looked at her in the eyes.

"We lied to you this whole time... you were diagnosed with cancer for years actually..." What Wendy heard didn't shocked her and she just kept on smiling.

"One day while we were out at the beach you suddenly fell unconscious and at that moment I panicked because I was afraid that you had left me there. Fortunately your parents were there and they brought you to the hospital. There the doctor told them that you have a brain tumor in your brain the frontal lobe to be exact and he asked for an immediate surgery. I used all of my savings to fund that surgery and it went well the tumor was successfully removed that's why you have that stich mark on your head. It was due to a surgery not an accident."

"So what happened next?" Wendy asked.

"We thought that was the end of it but several months later you were once again diagnosed with another tumor in your brain... but this time I don't have enough money to fund another surgery so we just kept it as a secret from you... miracle from god you survived another year. I was grateful for that... but then one day you said you felt sick and had a serious headache and that's when you were absent for a whole month from school. Turns out it had become a stage 4 cancer... The cancer also explained your clumsiness actually. You were not clumsy but your brain just have a slight problem in processing information hence why you kind of look a bit clumsy at times..."

"I see..." Wendy and Irene both looked at the view ahead of them. It was beautiful.

"I spent all this time treating you like a princess because I was very scared that one day you would just disappeared from me but praise god that he gave me a date to be prepared for and one last chance to make you happy so that's why I set you up with Baekhyun to at least let you feel being in love with someone before... Also did you knew that he also likes you now?" 

"Yeah I knew, I just didn't said anything..." 

"Wendy... do you really think you would survive this?"

"I don't know... what do you think?"

"I'm afraid to answer that question..."

"Why are you afraid... there will always be a feeling that connects us together... forever and ever... it's love Irene... I love you my bestfriend... Bae Joo Hyun..." Wendy said that as her head slowly landed on Irene's shoulder and she started to close her eyes.

Irene tears once again started to fall through her cheeks. She held Wendy's hand tightly and kissed it. The moment that she feared had finally arrived, it was time for her to rest...She just continued to stared at the beautiful scenery and wished that this moment would last forever... 

Goodbye Son Seung Wan

I love you...

𝙏𝙤 𝘽𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙚𝙙...