1: Nowhere I

Nowhere
Part 1

Eyes closed.

Sleeping.

Coma?

No, no just sleeping.

Alarm clock.

Alarm clock?

Girl sat up with a start, the alarm clock blaring by her head sounding odd against her ears.

She didn't quite know why she identified it as an alarm clock.

The 'ringing' was a low buzz, something that she didn't think a sane person would trust to wake them up everyday. It rattled, it breathed. But it was an alarm clock all the same. She was quick to jab her hand against the button on top, stopping the horrendous noise with a resolute click.

Girl looked around her, finding herself in an eerily familiar bedroom.

It was the girl's, the one from her photos.

Girl didn't know why or how she'd come to be there, her eyebrows pulling together as she got out of bed, tossing the sheets back in place.

She looked to the bedside table, a couple picture frames standing out.

They were empty.

She picked one up, looking at the space where a picture should have been.

It was curious that someone would keep two empty picture frames.

Soon enough she recognized the one in her hand to be the one she took the photo of the girl and Glenn out of.

When she moved the frame from her view, starting to reach for the second, she yanked her hand back, like she'd been burned.

The recently empty frame was empty no more, the picture of the girl and her family sitting neatly in the wooden confinement.

Girl tried to tell herself that she had been mistaken, that the photo had been there before and she'd just overlooked it.

She nodded, deciding it best to believe this instead of assuming she was crazy.

She lifted the first frame back to her eyes and promptly dropped it, jumping back away from it.

It wasn't empty anymore.

The frame hadn't left her hand and she was absolutely certain that it had been empty not moments before.

But now the photo of the girl and Glenn was back, happily where it had been before Girl had thieved it.

Girl sighed, turning away from the offending picture frames and taking another look around the room.

She walked to the door, putting her ear against it to see if anyone else seemed to be in the house.

What she heard sent her stumbling back.

The house was loud. Very loud.

There were multiple voices ringing out, some of them sounding more adult and some sounding extremely childlike.

Girl didn't recognize any of them.

The voices carried, one of them making it's way closer and closer to her.

"I'll get her, mom! She was up late last night! Yeah, Gary didn't let her and Glenn off until like 2!"

Girl squinted at the sound of a boy's voice. He sounded Glenn's age, if she had to guess.

"Susie!"

Loud knocks banged against the door, sending Girl jumping back even farther.

"Sue! You gotta get up! Mom made breakfast!"