7

Rindou pov

I walk into the house with Kai holding onto my hand. He seemed quite calm right now. Why did Hanna say he has some sugar rush or goes energetic? 

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Can we go play?!" Kai started jumping up. 

Oh is this a sugar rush? 

"Uh yeah, what do you wanna do?" I asked him with a smile. 

As he goes to speak my brother walks into the room. Kai seemed mesmerised by him. Ran crouched down to him and held out his hand and gave Kai a high five. 

"You must be Kai" Ran says with a smile. 

Why is he being nice? He hates kids. 

"Yep! Did mommy or daddy talk about me?" Kai asked. 

"They both do, you are so lucky to have them. I am daddy's brother, uncle Ran" Ran introduced himself. 

2Uncle Ran! That is cool, mommy hasn't let me meet her brothers" Kai pouts. 

That's because they all know his real dad. They would tell him if they found out she had a kid, she kept it a secret from everybody really and ran away. 

"Oh what a shame, but you have me now" Ran smiled. 

He stood up again and left the room. Kai started running around the house knocking things over. Why is he so fast for someone with such short legs? 

He ran around the house with me chasing him around. Everybody kept snickering when they saw me run after him. 

"Kai slow down! You will hurt yourself!" I warned him but he just laughed. 

"Mommy will fix me up! She always does!" he laughed and continued running. 

I took a corner which he didn't know about and appeared in front of him. I quickly garbed him and threw him up in the air before holding him in my arms. 

"Ahh you caught me!" Kai laughed. 

Did he see this as a game? He did want to play. 

"Well now that this game is over, what do you want to do?" I asked. 

He started kicking his legs and in my arms. I wasn't sure if that was because of the sugar rush or wanting to get out my hands so I lowered him down but he stopped me. 

"No I want to stay up here. You are so tall, I like feeling taller" Kai smiled. 

"One day buddy you will grow just as tall, or even taller" I smiled at him. 

We ended up playing football and then watched some movies. Everyone refereed to themselves as uncles to Kai, I guess they like him which is good. 

I made him food once he was all calm and he ended up falling asleep on the couch watching some cartoon on my phone once he finished eating. 

He looked so peaceful so I carried him to my bedroom, He should sleep on a bed and not on a couch. I leave him in my room since he didn't wake up and head back downstairs and everyone wanted to talk so we all sat down. 

"So how was your night with the lovely Hanna?" Sanzu smirked. 

"We didn't do much" I shrugged. 

"Kai said he woke you both up to hugging each other and smiling in her bed" Ran smirked. 

"And? What about that?" I scoffed. 

It is irritating for them to be so involved in my life. 

"Our Rindou is finally falling in love" Kakucho laughed. 

"Love? No that is not it" I say quickly. 

I care about her and love her but as a friend. I wouldn't see us as lovers, that would ruin our friendship. 

"If you want to say that, but we know your heart wants her" Izana agrees with them all.

"Seriously it's not like that. I love her and care for her as my friend" I chuckled, trying to get this over with. 

"You argue like a couple" Koko sighed. 

"Very true" Izana nodded his head in agreement. 

"I'd say you are in love but can't tell her" Akashi grinned. 

"No it- it's nothing like that" I sighed. 

"We can tell, me more then anyone. And your comfortable around her, tell her everything, you care for her AND her kid, you treat Kai as if he was your own son" Ran says smiling. 

"Kai see's me as a dad though too" I shrug. 

"Because of everything you do for them" Ran added on. 

"Even if I did love her that love wouldn't be returned to me" I say putting my head down. 

There have been moments where all I have wanted was to tell her I love her and kiss her entire body, but only moments. She is special to me but I still see her as a friend. 

She wouldn't feel the same way about me. She had told me she won't be able to love anymore again. Her last boyfriend, Kai's farther was the last one. The way he treated her had scared Hanna to never love again, she lost all hope in love. She can barley trust sometimes as well. 

"Your even thinking about her now" Izana laughed at me. 

"I am not" I say lying. 

"Your head was down as you thought about her, don't deny it kid" Akashi grinned. 

"Like I said, even if I love her she wouldn't see me that way" I sighed again. 

"How can you be sure of that?" Koko asked.

"I just know. Also she said she has given up with love, her last boyfriend completely ruined her life" I say getting up. 

"And where are you going now?" Ran asked me. 

"I brought Kai to my room, I will go check on him if he is still sleeping" I sighed and walked away. 

That was my initial thought. But Kai reminded me of Hanna, seeing him makes me see her. Maybe I do love her, but why has this realisation only just hit me? 

Thinking about everything I do for her, it would look like I lover her. Which I do but I always thought it was love for a friend, not romantically. I walk into the and Kai was still asleep so I sat in the chair and started reading, staying in his presences just in case he woke up.