Chapter 13: Happy Gnome

The early morning sun shone over Arcadia as Jim woke, his head finally on a soft pillow as he rolled over,  his eyes slowly fluttering open.

He wakes up to find a lady doll sleeping beside him!

He screams as Toby opens a wall of what's now seen as a dollhouse

Toby pulls Jim from the toy house, with Y/N in his other hand.

Toby: "What's wrong, Tiny Jim? Did you not sleep well in Nana's dollhouse?"

Jim: "Why are we still small, Tobes?"

Y/N: "Tell me about it. I couldn't even sleep my whole uh... Gravitational pull is off... If that's the right phrase."

Toby: "Yeah... I dunno. I guess this stuff works differently on trolls than it does humans."

Y/N: "Y'know, being tiny ain't that bad."

Toby: "Tell me about it. I'd love to be as small as you two are. I mean, think about all of the cool stuff I could do!"

Jim's eyes went to a small empty sack on Toby's bed. "Oh, my gosh! The gnome! You did it? I told you I was supposed to-!"

Jim locks eyes with Y/N.

Jim: "Oh, no! School!"

Toby: "We'll have to call you guys in sick. Tell them you ate too much chocolate. That always works."

Toby puts Y/N and Jim in the doll house as he pushes his phone to the two, the large devices forced them back, but they were able to push it away.

Y/N: "We can't, Tobes. It's Senor Uhl."

Jim: "Exactly! The guy can sniff out a lie a mile away!"

Y/N's eyes catch the light of a nearby laptop.

Y/N: "Jim, I've got an idea," Y/N faces Toby. "Toby, I need you to do us a huge favor. Well, maybe a small one. But huge!"

- Later -

You and Jim successfully presented virtually. The two of you took turns and ultimately earned B-minuses from Senor Uhl.

Even though there were some distractions, the two of you were able to get it done. Toby had brought the laptop to the classroom and set up a virtual meeting between the laptop and a phone.

Currently, you were wrestling the gnome that seemed to have come out of nowhere, as you reached for anything that was able to tie him up.

Once you tied up the gnome, you inhaled like crazy to catch your breath.

Y/N: "Phew, I can't believe we got away with that."

Jim: "Tell me about it." Jim sticks a hand out to you, which you accept.

Suddenly, the two of your body's started to become disproportional as you felt nothing but discomfort.

Jim: "Uh-! I think it's happening!"

Toby walks through the door to find you and Jim, back to your original sizes.

Toby: "Would you look at that? You guys are okay and are back to being big!"

Y/N: "Yeah... I think I lost my appendix but everything's better now."

Toby chuckles. "Man, that was a lot of pressure in Senor Uhl's classroom."

Jim: "Thanks for that, Tobes." Jim looks at the gnome inside the dollhouse as the gnome was now free. But, instead of trying to attack you guys, he was hugging a toy doll.