Chapter 21: Y/N the Trollsitter

Y/N, Jim, and Toby spent their day watching the new and improved Vespa slowly circle in the window that their reflections had bounced off of.

"Check that baby out," Toby said as they watched the red vehicle spin with smiles.

Y/N: "I can't lie; it's beautiful." Jim let out an exhale before speaking.

Jim: "...Vespa 300 GTS Super. Single-cylinder catalyzed four-stroke Quasar engine. Hmm... Can you imagine me going down the road on that? Wind whipping through my hair, Claire holding tight to my back..."

Toby cut in, trying to dream as Jim did. "And me, cruising in the sidecar next to ya."

Jim gave a slight glare; however, it didn't come out threatening; instead, the adorable glare still gave off a meaning but was not harmful.

Y/N: "I'm sure he meant just him and Claire, Tobes."

Jim moved away from the window, letting out a large sigh as Toby stepped between Jim and the window they no longer had their focus on.

Toby: "What are the chances of your mom getting you one for your birthday?"

Jim: "Only slightly worse than me winning the lottery and buying it myself."

Y/N: "How much money do you have now?"

Jim: "Only 328 bucks and 32 cents." Jim scoffs. "By the time I have enough, these things will drive themselves."

When Jim finished his sentence, an image in the window caught the Trollhunter's eyes. A small figure, what seemed to be a goblin, had jumped on the roof that was fortunately in Jim's view. In the goblin's arms was a baby who had cried.

Y/N raises his eyebrow at Jim's new expression as he quickly turns to see the goblin just before it is out of view.

Jim gasps. "Did you see that?"

Y/N: "I-I saw it." Y/N mentions, a bit shocked.

Jim pointed to the window's reflection as the goblin ran off. Of course, the furious pointing and the sudden gasp had startled Toby and caused him to turn in the direction Jim's finger pointed to while Jim turned away.

Toby had missed the evidence. His eyes watched as the leader of such revolting creatures ran across a power line after ensuring no human had seen him.

Toby: "What's going on?"

Y/N: "Goblin!"

Y/N cried out before he and Jim took off in the same direction the goblin had been going.

Toby: "What?" Toby turned quickly as his friends disappeared. He watched as the two ran after the evil creature.

Jim: "It's a goblin with a baby!" Toby chased after his friends, thinking that they had become delusional.

Toby: "Come on, guys! It's just a bird!"

Y/N and Jim turned down an alleyway, following the kidnapper. The goblin let out a winning yet, utterly disgusting laugh.

The two Trollhunters stopped at the edge of the alley, finding no goblin, for he was too quick compared to humans.

As you and Jim searched the area, your eyes landed on a small stuffed animal lying helplessly on the concrete.

Y/N's eyes angled on the bunny as his hand fell to retrieve the stuffed bunny gently.

While this happened, Toby finally caught up to his best friends.

Toby: "Guys, chill out! This trollhunting is making you hallucinate! I mean, what would a goblin want with a baby?"

As Toby ranted, Jim took his time inspecting the minor child's toy in Y/N's hands. Toby had caught the stuffed animal in Y/N's hands and peered over his shoulder to see.