Chapter 14: Waka Chaka!

Y/N: "For the glory of Morgana, Daylight is mine to conquer!"

Everyone in the Heroes Forge backs away from Y/N as they watch him dusk his armor. Jim holds out his amulet, ready to defend if needed.

Toby: "So... How do you feel?" Toby asks Y/N in a concerted manner.

Y/N: "I feel..." Y/N takes some practice swings with his katana, as his red-metallic armor glows and hums with magic.

Y/N: "I feel great."

Blinky: "Phew." Everyone moves from behind Aarg and walks toward Y/N.

Jim: "I'm glad you understand. We just had to take precautions."

Y/N nods. "Yeah. I haven't used it since... You know. And you guys were afraid it could take control of me again or something. I get it."

Jim and the rest of the group nod.

Jim: "For the glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to command!"

The two teenagers' armor hummed in unison and barely held a faint glow of both of its respective colors.

It was almost as if... They were connected.

Blinky: "Now that Master Y/N is back to his pinochle of greatness, we may begin you guys' training as a duo, Master Jim."

Jim and Y/N nod.

Abruptly, the two teens charge at each other and clank their swords together, staring into each other's eyes.

Jim: "Ha ha! Now it's fair!" Jim laughs, finally able to enjoy a good time with his childhood friend.

Y/N smirks. "Let's see what you've got now, Trollhunter."

The two jump away from each other and take a stance.

Aarg: "Stand back." Aarg mumbles as he nudges Toby and Blinky away from the battlefield.

The young males circle each other with their blades ready. Jim smirks, almost as if he was trying to hold back a laugh.

Y/N: "...What is it? Is it my stance?"

Jim: "What? No, no. It's just, I can't even imagine the look on your face when you told your grandpa everything! Ha!"

Y/N deadpans and drops his posture. "Really?"

Jim starts to laugh uncontrollably. He knew of Y/N's grandpa and how scary the man was.

Y/N: "Heh. I was terrified but, he listened. He listened to everything and didn't ask a single question... He just went right back to sleep."

Jim: "Old people are weird."

Y/N laughs. "Yeah... They are."

Blinky groans. "That's enough dilly dally, it is time to make this entertaining!" Blinky smashes a button in the forge, which causes the floor beneath Y/N and Jim to rumble.

A troll-looking machine quickly turned, releasing fire toward the two. With ease, Jim and Y/N rolled from the fire. But, the two found themselves in the path of flying spears.

Y/N hastily twisted his sword, obstructing every inch of the spears, saving both himself and Jim.

Jim then ran around Blinky, who tutored the two. More spears made their way to Jim, which Jim managed to block on his own.

Blinky: "Always be afraid, Masters! Fear heightens your senses! Fear keeps you alive!"

Feeling accomplished, the two boys land on the ground next to each other and stand proudly with their blades.