Chapter 39: Angor Management

Strickler snores lightly, slumped uncomfortably in a dining chair, bathed in morning light filtering through the windows. The sharp edge of the Sword of Daylight slides under his chin, jerking his head upright, before swiftly being swapped for a sock, dangled by Y/N in full armor, blade resting at his back.

Strickler: "Ugh! What is this?"

He scoots the chair back, looking up at Y/N, who leans in with an unamused expression.

Jim: "Wakey, wakey. We survived the night with no sign of Angor Rot. Congratulations."

Standing straight, Jim crosses his arms, observing.

Y/N: "I thought I'd bring you some breakfast."

Y/N tosses the sock at Strickler's face, who turns away and scoffs.

Strickler: "I don't eat socks, and I don't appreciate being tied up."

Jim circles to the chair's back, his sword at his side.

Strickler: "I asked you to protect me, not torture me."

With a swift cut, Jim frees Strickler's wrists.

Jim: "And we said we'd keep you safe, not comfortable."

Jim hisses as Strickler massages his wrists, both gazing out the window at the sunlight, signaling their reprieve from Angor Rot. They all stretch, feeling the relief of safety.

Strickler: "Well, sun is up."

He remarks as Jim and Y/N deactivate their armor, letting it dissolve into blue and red puffs of magic.

Strickler: "We'll have until sundown to get me as far away as possible."

Y/N: "Yeah, right."

Skeptically, Y/N watches Jim approach his walkie-talkie.

Jim: "Let me call the team."

He speaks into the device with urgency.

Jim: "Trollhunter & Dusk to Warhammer, you copy?"

Strickler, arms crossed, can't help but comment with a hint of sarcasm. "Oh goodie, The Puberty Patrol is on the case. I feel so safe."

Strickler, stepping closer with evident sarcasm, prompts a sharp glare from Y/N. Jim raises an arm, silencing him as Toby's voice emerges from the walkie-talkie.

Toby (from the walkie-talkie): "This is Warhammer. What's up?"

Strickler snatches the device, intent on speaking, but Jim regains control with a look of irritation.

Strickler: "Do you really think your friends can handle that killer? They're just going to be in the way!"

Jim retrieves the walkie-talkie, his expression twisted in frustration.

Strickler: "Let's not forget, Y/N, you destroyed Angor's soul. He's coming for revenge."

Toby's voice interrupts the tension, seeking a response.

Toby (from the walkie-talkie): "Jim? Y/N? You there?"

Jim: "Yeah, Tobes, round up the team. We need to track down that last Triumbric stone."

Strickler nods at Jim, signaling approval of his directive.

Toby (from the walkie-talkie): "The one stolen by the Gumm-Gumms?"

Jim: "Exactly. Head to Trollmarket. I'll catch up later. Over and out."

Jim sets the walkie-talkie down, visibly uneasy about deceiving his friends.