Chapter 6 : Some Questions

"What? Of course not! I... It's a joke!" Scott stutters out, his demeanor really changing as soon as William walked in.

Sensing the weird tension between these two you decide to try and lighten the mood by saying, "Hi William!"

William's eyes meet yours and his once, serious and slightly creepy expression changes to his normal teasing smirk."Hi Y/N." William greets.

"Uh, how are you?" You nervously ask.

"I'm fine, how about you?" William asks, your expression only feeding his ego.

"I'm good too, heh..." You giggle out, trying to soothe your nerves.

"Well, since I'm here now, why don't I show you around the rest of the place? Right Scott?" William says, this weird glint in his eyes.

Scott only nods before speaking up, "Yeah, uh nice to meet you Y/N. I'll be making sure we're ready to open later... Bye." He mumbles before leaving.

You don't really know what's going on between these two but brush it off as Scott leaves and William just stares at you. Like, why did he complain about your staring when he stares much more than you do...

You clear your throat awkwardly, "So um, you gonna show me around."

"Huh? Oh right..." William says, coughing slightly, is he blushing?... That's something you never thought you'd see, "Mmm, follow me." William says.

Which you do, like an obedient little servant... He shows you to a mini hallway with a couple of rooms.

"These are mainly offices, mines, Henry's, worker lounge, and an exit. That's all." William mumbles, "Keep it a secret but sometimes I steal Scott's lunch just to see him suffer, he's vegan and the only vegan thing we serve is a salad." He chuckles.

"Little harsh, no?" You joke, raising an eyebrow.

William chuckles, "I think he knows it's me but he doesn't say shit." William smirks.

William leads you out, "I don't think I need to show you the kitchen... Have you seen the control room?"

"Oh, Scott showed me it already." You answer, smiling.

"Right, that's really it. Any questions my little student?" William pokes at your predicament.

You laugh slightly, "Mmm I have a big question actually, how do you get into the animatronic? Are there no wires, or machinery? Is there a suit?

"It's both. It's called Spring locks, it basically holds all that shit away so someone can get it. It's... Dangerous. But fun, I love the thrill." William chuckles, "You should try it out..."

"No thank you, dangerous and thrill? Not my scene really." You awkwardly say.

"Ouch, that personally hurt me. How could you?" William jokes, chuckling, "Henry would kill me if I let you in it either way so..."

You nervously laugh, is it really that dangerous if Henry, the serious one, wouldn't want you in it?

William grabs your hand suddenly, pulling you close, "Well, since you can't go in it? Can I at least show how I get inside of it" William asks, a flirtatious tone following his silky voice as you blush from the closeness of his body to yours. His face is right next to your ears, and you slowly nod, unable to say no to him.

He pulls you along with him, getting on stage, not really bothering to do it back stage since there aren't any kids around. You notice both Scott and Jeremy look at each other nervously, the danger of the suit is made just that much clearer to you. Yet William doesn't hesitate as he climbs inside in a matter of a minute.

"Ta da!" William chirps, his tone playful as you can't help but giggle at his now childish demeanor, "This baby is huge with the kids, I mean, who doesn't love interacting with their favorite golden bunny?"

You hear the front door open and both of you look over to see Henry, as he spots William, he seems unimpressed with William's antics.

"Why are you inside Bonnie?" is all he asks as he waves at the other two workers in the room.

"Because I can? Plus, I'm showing Y/N it since I know you'd be very cranky if I let him try it out himself." William jokes.

"Because it's dangerous." Henry bluntly says, rolling his eyes at his friend/co-worker.

"Blah, blah. I know, I helped build these, you know. I basically designed the spring locks. Not my fault you're too scared to get in FredBear." William mutters, his annoyance obvious.

William takes a minute but climbs out of the bunny suit, dusting his purple shirt off, noticing a rip on the shoulder. He brushes it off and smirks when he sees you, "So, impressive no? Wanna see something cooler." He asks, a grin on his face.

"Sure?" You answer, slightly confused.

He reaches into the suit and messes with the coils, you jump back when all the springs and metal bits lodge back into place. The sight unlocks a new fear, especially knowing that William goes in it a lot... You give a concerned look at him, and he raises an eyebrow at your reaction, clearly expecting something different.

"What?" William asks, his voice losing its normal tone for a second.

"Isn't that scary? You go in it a lot, don't you?" You mumble, backing away from the suit.

"Scary? Nah, I like the risk. I said I liked the thrill no?" William questions, clearly not seeming to understand where your fear is coming from, "Anyways, how about we get to work? Kids are going to be here and I'm going to be busy, I'm probably going to need my little assistant's hand." He teases.

You slowly nod, he quickly fixes up the suit before walking to his office with you trailing behind him. Once you're in his office, he sits back, putting his legs on his table. He smirks as you sit down on the other side, a little confused since he doesn't seem busy like he said. But then he sits up and gets on his computer, giving you a final glance before he begins to do something. You fidget a little, not really knowing what to do as you stare at him. He said he needed your help but...

"Y/N, can I ask you something?" William suddenly spoke, the awkward silence just a bit less awkward.

"Y... Yeah?"

"Why'd you move to New Harmony?" William asks, not taking his eyes off his computer.

You stay quiet for a second, "I... It's a little personal..." You mumble.

"Ah, I see." Williams says with a hum, "You could tell me if you want to though. We may barely know each other but I really want to get to know you..." William continues, his eyes meeting yours, you can't help but blush. The way he looks at you, no one else has looked at you like that. It's nice.

You think for a second, do you really want to tell him, like he said, you barely know each other. What if you've been reading the signs wrong and he actually doesn't like you, what if he judges you for who you are? Or what if he pities you so much that you become a sob case to him, nothing but a sob story that needs help from everyone? You realize you've been lost in thought and blush, you need an answer. You push your worries away, you'd rather be authentically yourself. You'd rather find out about those who genuinely care than be heart broken by more people who don't like you for you. After taking a deep breath, you prepare yourself and make eye contact with him again...