Chapter 8 : What Happened?

A couple of hours go by, you've been talking and chilling with Elizabeth and Evan for a while. You haven't seen William since earlier and you don't really know what you did wrong still... Pushing it aside, you realize you're hungry and decide to get some pizza.

"You two want something to eat? You ask, accidentally interrupting their conversation.

"Oooh, yeah! I'm hungry!" Elizabeth announces, her grin wide while Evan just nods slowly, he really is a shy kid.

"Alright, want me to buy you guys some pizza?" You ask, smiling.

"Oh daddy lets us eat for free, the cooking guys know us. Just go with us!" Elizabeth says, clearly happy with that fact.

You laugh and nod, "Oh alright then," you follow the two to the ordering stand. It makes sense they get free food, their father literally co-owns the place. Plus who wouldn't give free food to these sweethearts?

.

Once you have your food, the three of you begin to eat at a table. You decide against soda this time since well, you drank a lot of it earlier... It's a little quiet as the three of you eat, for obvious reasons. Once you finish, you check your phone, and once again, no messages. You put it away, looking around, smiling as you make eye contact with Scott from across the room. He only smiles back before going on with his business, you're kind of feeling useless right now...

You look over to your right when you hear a chair being pulled out, to your surprise it's Michael, you recall. He sits down, not making eye contact with anyone. He just seems bored and decided to sit down really, reasonably.

"Hi!" You greet him.

His eyes meet yours, disinterest obvious in them, and he blatantly ignores you. Ouch. And this is why you would never have kids, you like them when they're small and sweet but would not be able to stand that "whatever" to everything stage.

"Michael! This is Y/N!" Elizabeth chirps out, grinning.

Michael huffs, "I don't really care," he bluntly says, his arms crossed. His clothing style also gives that "rebel teenager" vibe, ripped sleeves, half untucked shirt, and ripped jeans. Plus he has a bandage on his cheek and some on his arms. You're so happy you didn't have that stage...

"Oh but he's really nice!" Elizabeth continues which only makes Michael roll his eyes. He really wasn't interested in anything involving you.

"Woah woah, who's having pizza without me?" A familiar voice speaks up, you turn around and see William. His smile slightly falters at you but he turns back to his kids, "Why didn't you guys tell me you were here?"

"They got distracted," Michael mutters.

"Hey! We were making new friends, you should try it, Michael. Instead of hanging out with bullies..." Elizabeth says bitterly, this only makes Michael glare at her.

"Both of you, stop. Also hi, Y/N." William says blankly, the way his hi sounded was very emotionless, it sounded like he really didn't want to acknowledge your existence...

"H.. Hi," you mumble back, not really knowing what to do or say.

You kind of block out their conversation as you get lost in your thoughts. Seriously, what happened? A few hours ago, you swear he was about to kiss you and now, he can barely muster a hello to you. You swear you did nothing wrong! So why is he acting like this? Just say something, damn it, William!

Your attention is brought back when you hear your name, "Huh?"

"Y/N? Can we talk?" William asks, he doesn't even look at you when he does so.