Chapter 22 : Scars Abundance

TW: Reference to self harm, implied only. Please take care y'all.

.

"I'm fine really, you don't need to.," Michael asks with some obvious embarrassment in his tone as he dusts his clothes off further in the mirror on the wall as he speaks.

You giggle slightly, ruffling Michael's hair before you speak, "I know but I want to, now lead the way, Michael. I'm not taking no for an answer!" You say with a slight comforting grin which you think was the pushing point.

Michael stares at you for a second before finally he sighs and begins walking into the living room to get to the other side of the house, passing his siblings. Much to Michael's annoyance, you asked his siblings to come with the two of you because you wanted to keep an eye on them. You follow behind Michael as he leads you to the bathroom where he pulls out the first aid kit from one of the cabinets. He carefully hands it to you while his siblings curiously look at Michael's scrape. He doesn't seem to care too much but is obviously annoyed with their childish antics as they seem worried.

"Michael! Why are you always getting hurt?" Elizabeth asks as she crosses her arms at her older brother and gives him a slight frown before hugging him, which just makes Michael roll his eyes.

"Yeah, how come? You gotta be more careful!" Evan adds on as he stands behind Elizabeth with adorable sad eyes as he speaks with his sweet little voice.

Michael more or less ignores them, a slight blush of embarrassment crawling on his cheeks, "Can we just get this over with?" He mutters as he shoves his hands into his pockets as he backs away from his sister, which makes her whine slightly.. What a typical teen, hah.

You can't help but let out a little giggle and pull the two away as you pour some alcohol on a small cotton pad while he's distracted whilst sticking his tongue out at his siblings. Having obviously been a kid yourself at one point, you get that most kids dislike using alcohol on their wounds and so do you. But you still got to do it. You slowly and gently press it against Michael's scrape, he flinches ever so slightly which is reasonable. You give it a couple of wipes and he relaxes rather quickly as he rolls his eyes when Evan grabs his hand as if to comfort him. Michael's siblings are so sweet...

Once you finish cleaning it, you grab a band aid which you stick onto the side of his face to protect his scrape. You turn to the sink to wash your hands, and you pull your sleeves up but freeze when the cuts on your arms from the incident are revealed. You had completely forgotten about them with how happy you've been that you just flashed it to these kids.  A slight feeling of anxiety strikes you as it probably looks concerning to someone who doesn't know what happened, which is everyone but two people. You don't think they noticed though and quickly pull your sleeves back up before calming down as you turn around. You give a sweet smile as you pull away from the sink before patting Michael's head like he's a child and picking up Evan. Michael sighs as touches his cheek where the band aid is while looking in the mirror for a second while you put the first aid kit away.

You set Evan down on the other side of the room before giving him a gentle push, "How about we let Michael change into something cleaner, maybe take a shower or something." You say with a giggle as Evan and Elizabeth sadly sigh but nod before walking to the living room.

Right before you leave you to hear Michael ask, "Are you okay?" with a heavily worried tone when he says his question.

You freeze and mentally curse yourself out, he saw, didn't he? "Yeah, I'm fine." You answer as you try and smile sweetly.

Michael stares at the ground, "Are you sure? I... I saw your arms. Sorry if I'm asking something personal, I just-" Michael starts but you cut him off.

"It's not what it looks like, I just had an accident that's all. I promise I'm fine!" You say with a smile and a happy tone, that phrase was half true and half a lie. You're fine in the sense of what Michael is implying but you're still not mentally fine, you've been distracting yourself but you're terrified...