Chapter 16 : The Day Shift

Once you leave the backstage, you laugh slightly when you see William entertaining some kids. They seem to really trust him when he's in that suit, it's so cute! They'd follow him anywhere if he really wanted them to, you wonder if they ever really use FredBear? Wouldn't he have a bigger fan base since he is the main mascot, right? You think you heard William say it's mainly Henry's suit but he called him too scared to use it. Well, if it's anything like Bonnie, then yeah, you'd be scared too. The thought of spring locks scares you and you don't even know the consequences quite yet!

You don't need to have your insides uh stabbed? That's probably what the spring locks do or something, you can't really make out how it would work. Would it suffocate you with force or crush/destroy your organs like a slab of meat? You're really curious. Why didn't William tell you?

William did mention the dangers of the suits being or almost being out to the public which may mean someone got injured or hurt through the process... This is scary to think about, considering they cover up things like death, disappearance, and fucking dismemberment?! What other shit are William and Henry covering up??? Like you have every right to be scared of working here considering the past it seems to have...

As scared as you are, the idea of being in the spring locks suit is also really interesting and intriguing while also being terrifying. You might ask Henry about it now but you don't know. It's a thought.

You sit down in the corner and watch the kids run around, must be nice. No fear, no regrets, just fun. Friends. Happiness and no judgment. Just children being children. It makes you comfortable, but you don't really know why? Maybe it's the vibe or maybe it's the fact that you're anywhere but home...

"Hey Y/N?"

Your attention is pulled by the sudden noise of Scott's voice saying your name, "Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something...uh personal?" Scott asks, standing next to you as he speaks quietly.

"Um, okay?" You respond, a little confused about what he'll say.

"I was talking to Fritz," oh no... "Are you and William a thing?" Scott mumbles as he asks which makes you tense up with a light blush.

"No, no, no. We're not, it's nothing like that!" You say, a little louder than intended, thankfully no one heard. The party and the kids were too loud.

"Oh, Fritz said..." Scott tries to say.

"Fritz just walked in on something but it's not what he says it is." You interrupt, embarrassed that Fritz really went and told Scott about what happened.

"Right, so you're not interested in William?" Scott asks, raising an eyebrow at your quick reactions.

You blush, unable to answer that nor do you know how to because yes you are but you don't want to be. You think Scott notices your flushed expression and silence as he just does a little nod, glancing off for a second.

"I'll take that as a yes. I just want to give you a little... warning." Scott mumbles, staring at William in the distance.

You stare at Scott confused, "Warning?" you repeat.

"Yeah, William can be a little much, and sometimes he does questionable things..." Scott mutters, a slight tone in his voice of concern as he turns to look at you again.

"Oh, I've seen that." You respond, thinking back to the conversation in William's office and the kiss... It was all so sudden after he just revealed something really important.

"I just don't want to see you get hurt, I'm not saying it's going to be bad or anything. Just be careful." Scott says, his attention grabbed by something else.

Before you can respond, Scott walks away when he sees a couple of kids getting too close to FredBear. You nervously look away, a heavy pit in your stomach making you feel sick. Is your crush that obvious and you don't even know if William is a good person?! Ugh, you feel so childish and not in a good way for feeling this way.

You just sit down on your usual bench, fixing your appearance slightly as you keep an eye on the kids. It's not really eventful today, thankfully. You have too much on your plate today and it's still morning...

.

Your lunch break rolls around rather quickly, you didn't bring lunch or anything so you decided to just sit there. You weren't hungry either way, you're sick to your stomach due to the overwhelming stress that William has pushed onto you. He'll probably be expecting an answer and you have no idea what to say, you like him. You do. But you've been thinking about it for a while now, and you don't really want anything like a relationship...

You don't hear someone approach you as your thoughts fill your mind like a faucet left on. It isn't until they gently tug your shirt do you notice them, it's Evan. You didn't even realize he has arrived, are his siblings here?

"Hey Evan," you greet, putting on a sweet smile. Evan waves at you as he sits down next to you. He seems to feel safe with you because your bench is closer to the animatronics than he's normally, but he doesn't seem to mind. How sweet.

"...'Lizbeth is at her friend's house..." Evan mumbles, no wonder he came to you.

"And Michael?" You ask, patting his head gently.

Evan points at a group of kids, they're older than most of the others, Michael's there. You guess he has his own friends and either doesn't let Evan hang out with them or Evan doesn't want to. You just give a little "Oh," in response and give Evan another smile.

"Well, you can sit with me for as long as you'd like Evan," you sweetly say.

Evan nods, mumbling a small, "Thank you." How sweet.

You just sit there with Evan in silence, it's not any bit awkward surprisingly, it's peaceful. You wonder if Evan seems to be comfortable around you and this actually the first time you've talked to him. You're happy he likes you and isn't too shy around you, he's just really quiet but thinks that's just his personality. So you can't blame him for that, plus he's super sweet.

You start to feel uneasy when you feel like someone is staring at you, you look around yet can't find the source of the feeling. Maybe it's just your imagination or they looked away, whatever it is... You don't really care, people can stare at you as much as they want. You don't give a single shit about what anyone else thinks-

"Mr. Y/N?" You hear Evan speak up.

"Hmm?" You hum out as a response.

"Do you like the animatronics?..." Evan asks quietly, fidgeting his fingers around.

"They're okay for me really, I don't mind them all too much." You say even if it's partially a lie, they kind of frighten you.

"They scare me, a lot..." Evan admits, staring at the ground.

"Can I ask why?" You ask, trying not to pressure him yet wanting answers. This is something you're curious about so...

"I heard about people getting hurt in my dad's suits from the kids in my school..." Evan mumbles. Wait, so some people know what happened with the suits, the story either wasn't covered up or they didn't silence everyone in time... Why do Evan and the other kids know this? Weird. What else does Evan know? Hopefully not too much, he's just a child...

"Really?" You say, trying to get a little more out of him.

"Yeah and my dad goes in them all the time," Evan sniffles slightly, "What if something bad happens to him?" Evan whimpers, his sad voice pulling at your heartstrings tightly.

"I'm sure nothing will happen, your dad has done this so many times. He knows what he's doing, Evan!" You insist, trying to cheer him up.

Evan just nods and stays silent, you just pat his back gently. You wish you could do more but you yourself do feel slight fear when you see those animatronics. They're both scary and dangerous, thankfully they're not murderous, haha!