Chapter 24 : The Unspoken Truth

TW: Reference to alcohol/drinking, this chapter leads to the next one in which actual drinking will take place. If you are sensitive to this content, please be careful. Love you all.

.

You think about the phrase for a second, "It's probably not my business but is there any reason that Evan is scared of the animatronics?" You suddenly ask, tilting your head as you do so in curiosity.

"If there was, I wouldn't know. I mostly ignore it at this point since it got old fast due to Michael being a pest to Evan about it," William responds, crossing his arms while he speaks with a bored tone.

"What does that mean?" You question further even though it sounds obvious like it's bullying...

"Michael purposely goes out of his way to terrorize Evan using his fear against him. He forces him to get near them and wears masks around the house to scare Evan." William explains, pushing his dark hair out of his face slightly. Yep, it's bullying...

You sigh, "Awww, poor Evan..." you mumble, feeling bad for that little bundle of sweetness and kindness. They didn't seem to have much drama earlier other than the usual sibling situation. Guess Michael didn't feel like doing it at that moment...

William takes a step back with a little nod, rubbing his face tiredly before seeming to check the time on his phone. Though William lets out an annoyed groan and begins to text something to someone. You just awkwardly try not to stare, not wanting to be rude by doing so but you do find yourself taking glances at him. You blush embarrassed when his eyes meet yours, catching you staring and it's so incredibly embarrassing. You see a small smirk curl itself on his kissable lips when he notices you staring, making you a little confused but intrigued. But before you could say anything about what he's thinking, he speaks up.

His voice was like velvet, silky and tasteful, "Hey Y/N, I'm sorry for doing this again but can I ask for a favor?" William asks, putting his phone away, "It's nothing big," he adds as he kisses your forehead in a sweet manner

You blush a little more, "Oh, uh sure?" You answer, confusion drilling into your soul once more.

"Henry made plans with some of the investors for the diner tonight and I seriously don't want to go alone, I'll be so bored. Would it be wrong of me to invite you?" William asks, this mischievous grin rapidly crawls its way onto his handsome face.

You sigh, that mischievous grin worrying you somewhat, "Where is it? Are you sure it won't look bad?" You question, raising an eyebrow with a quizzical tone.

William takes a second, pointing in a direction which doesn't do much since you're inside, "The bar is a couple blocks down and normally at events like this, I just need to be there but Henry does all the talking. So how about it?" William asks again, leaning in close to your face again as if he'll leave another sweet kiss on you.

"Only if you're sure about it... wait if it's a business thing, should I change?" You ask, looking down at your clothes. You're dressed fairly causal, feeling a little self conscious as you stare at William's outfit. Gosh, he looks good in everything, and are all his outfits formal???

William chuckles a bit, seeming to notice your staring, "While I personally think you look amazing in anything and probably without anything, I think that yes, you should..." William teases, the obvious joke making you blush bright red as you roll your eyes playfully, unable to hide how much that comment affected you.

He is still as much of a tease since you first met him. You honestly don't know where you stand with him, he's kissed you on multiple occasions and does not hide his attraction to you... But neither of you has talked or asked about what's going on between you and now you're going to drink together? Regardless, you brush your thoughts aside. If William wants anything serious, he'll say something, if not then you'll get the message. You don't want to rush or pressure anything, you'll gladly take your time with him.