Chapter 13 : Curiosity and The Cat

You try to back up more but the desk making you unable to do so as you just sit up on his desk. You flinch when he places his hands on either side of you, his blue eyes right next to yours... You can't help but blush from just how close he is. What is he doing? Is he... No...

William just smirks and suddenly pulls away, "You're very cute, up close, when you're shy." is all he says, just making you blush even more. Seriously? Is he trying to make you flustered?!

Before you could say anything, he continues, "Anyways, I wanted to talk about what you heard earlier. I want you to hear my side before you make any opinions..." William says, grabbing your chin.

You just stare into his eyes once more, why is he such a tease? If you like me, please say something instead of making me feel like an idiot. Or do something! You really hate just pondering how a guy thinks of you, it makes you feel like a fucking teenager. So can William just give you a more obvious sign, for the love of everything! But, you know, of course, he doesn't and you're not going to say anything about it. You're not going to risk it if he doesn't like you, so you just stay quiet. - You flinch slightly when he gently rubs your lower lip with his thumb, his smirk only growing when your face gets even hotter than before. Fucking bastard, I swear...

"So, you ready to hear my side or?" William asks, backing away suddenly. Your blush is still just as bright when he does so, you just slowly nod, unable to form words.

"Great. Do you have any questions before we start?" William asks once again, walking to sit down on his chair, he sits down and hikes his legs up onto his desk.

"I... No." You mumble, shaking your head.

"Anyways, I'll start off with our legal statement since it's more or less required when discussing this topic. So, here at Fredbear's Diner, we pride ourselves on our ability to bring joy and happiness to those around us. We want to keep publicity regarding anything, as we are not liable for uh...," William trails off before remembering, "disappearance, death and dismemberment. I call them the three Ds."

You're stunned by those three being so important that they need to say it, "What." is all you muster.

William sort of ignores you, "The important one right now is a disappearance, so legally we're not liable. Why would we let something, we're not responsible for, ruin our reputation? It's just dumb, is it not?" William asks, picking up a folder from a box next to him.

"So what? Since it's not your company's fault, you're just going to ignore it? You could be-"

"Well, I signed multiple NDAs about the topic, I have them right here. So legally, I have to treat it like it doesn't exist. We wouldn't want to break the law, right?" William says, chuckling, how can he laugh when he's talking about people disappearing...

You just get up, "Right." You mutter and get ready to leave. Not really wanting to be in here with him right now, he's seriously scaring you.

Just as you get up, so does William and you freeze as he walks behind you, his hands pin you to the desk again. Except for this time your back is in his direction and you don't know what to do as you feel William lean in next to your ear. You have nowhere to go and you're just stuck between him and his desk.

"Just do me a favor, don't talk about this. I don't want anything bad to happen to you." William whispers into your ear, his voice is like silk as it sends shivers down your spine. Is that a threat? Surely it's not... Right?

Even with the slight fear and anxiety running through your body, you can't help but blush from how close he is. William almost presses up against you, it would be romantic in any other situation. You tense up more when he leans in closer to see your face, he smirks at your expression. You want to push William away or back but you can't, you just stand there staring into his dark eyes.

And then he does it, his lips press against yours. It was firm yet gentle, but before you could react or do anything, he pulls away. You're frozen, starstruck by his sudden affection that seemed to come out of no where. You see the smirk on his face only widen as he finally backs away, but you're left flustered.

You just stare at your hands fidgeting anxiously, you look up at him and he's just staring at you with this weird glint in his eye. It's a little bit concerning but you brush it off to focus on the kiss... You've never been kissed before and you didn't even get enough time to react. You feel fuzzy inside like there are butterflies in your stomach, it's sort of like the books you've read. But none of those fictional characters act or look like you, what are you supposed to do in this situation?

You push your thoughts away and slowly back away, still, a little stunned by what William just did. I mean, how is he expecting you to act? I mean yeah, it was nice but fuck, you need a minute to think about everything. You want to be mad at him or Henry, whoever started covering up this thing because that's serious shit! But all you can think about is the feeling of William's lips on yours, you couldn't focus on one thing now.

"I'm sorry if that was uncalled for, Y/N," William says, this teasing grin on his face. This isn't a game, why can't he take this seriously... Ugh...

"I... It's fine." You mumble, unable to find anything else to say. You took a deep breath, "I'm gonna go."

"Do you not want me to teach you what to do on your day shift?" William asks, that same fucking sly smirk on his handsome face.

"I'm fine, I'll get Scott to help me." You say, shaking your head awkwardly. You don't want to be around him right now, he really confused your heart. Like one side of you likes him but your logical side is blaring an alarm...

"If you say so, darling," William says, shrugging his shoulders before chuckling to himself. Clearly happy with how much he's making you overthink...

You turn around, fixing the collar of your shirt as you leave his office. You're kind of still curious but you're definitely not going to ask William about it anymore, maybe you could try Henry. It'll give you an excuse to get to know him and plus, he doesn't scare you...

And you know for a fact Scott won't tell you anything more about what he knows. He almost got caught earlier and he definitely didn't enjoy the subject. Did he sign an NDA too?... Jeremy is far too reserved, you don't even know if he knows about it in the first place. Plus, you don't know about his status with an NDA as well as you don't even know if he likes you or would be willing to talk to you... So that seems pointless to even try. You look at Henry's office, the door is ajar ever so slightly...

Should you go inside? He definitely doesn't scare you but he seems much more strict. What if he fires you for asking or something, um... Yeah, you'll just go and do your shift. Get out of here as quickly as you can. You just want to go home and think the whole night about what's happening. All of this is so confusing, what did you do to get yourself into this position? Other than you know, getting the job and moving here...

.

You leave the office area and see Scott just chilling on one of the benches, you began walking over to him. You slowly wave at him when he looks up, his eyes finding yours, and his eyes dart away. This was definitely awkward for him considering what you were talking about earlier...

You sit down and your leg anxiously shakes as you both sit there in silence, you take another deep breath. Claiming yourself and your leg before opening your mouth to say something.

"Hey, Scott?"