Chapter 14 : A Guiding Hand

Scott's eyes find yours once again, "Uh yeah?"

"Sorry if I'm bothering you, I was wondering if I could get a little help on what to do during the day shift?"

"Oh, of course. Um, it's really simple actually. Just keep an eye on the kids and the animatronics... Basically, keep it all in check, sometimes William or Henry have tasks for us. We get a 30 minute break but just get your food and be on call though, sometimes we're needed. Kids are crazy..." Scott says, chuckling at the last bit.

You laugh slightly, "Yeah, but that's why I like them so much. The energy. Wish I was that much fun as a child," you mumble.

"Yeah, same. Except I wouldn't be having fun at this place, I'd be terrified like William's youngest son." Scott says, jokingly.

"Evan?" You ask.

"Yeah him, I don't get why William makes him come here if he obviously knows he's scared," Scott mumbles, thinking for a second.

"I mean, where else would he...?" You start

"At home? I don't know. Michael is a menace to his brother so I guess having them here is to keep them under control. Still though..." Scott trails off.

You think back to Evan, and you kind of wonder why he's so scared of the animatronics if his father made them. Wouldn't William teach him to like them or something? Plus, his siblings seem fine as well as all the other kids that visit. You kind of want to ask about it if you see him later but you might not get a word out of him. You haven't heard a single peep from him other than a giggle...

"So um anyways, yeah. That's really it. Just be look out for customers and be ready to do the night shift if they really want you to..." Scott mutters, shuddering at the thought.

You just nod, "Alright! Thanks." You say, looking around.

"Oh, but you might want to ask Jeremy for some tips, he might have more to say than I do..." Scott adds on and you just give him a thumbs up.

You get up, walking off, and look around again, you guess Jeremy isn't here yet...?

"Oh shit! I forgot Jeremy has the night shift tonight, he won't be coming today or tomorrow. Uh, Fritz will probably be here. I think he complained about the night shift so they probably switched him out with Jeremy..." Scott says, rushing over to you.

"Oh! Alright, so someone new for me to meet?" You ask, obviously knowing the answer.

"Yep! Fritz is pretty chill just sometimes he can be very... Uh immature and unprofessional... So watch out." Scott jokes, rolling his eyes.

You giggle, nodding before heading the door open, "Speaking of the devil..." Scott jokes as a man around your age walk in.

Obviously, it's Fritz, he has bright ginger hair with slight stubble, tired yet still bright eyes with circular glasses. He does a little yawn as he walks in, he's wearing a plain white collar shirt with dark blue jeans. His little gold name tag says his last name, wait why don't you have a name tag? You look over at Scott and sure enough, he has one. You want one! It'll make you feel cool, like authority. Give you confidence as well...

Maybe you're looking too much into it, but either way, it would look cool if they have one so you want one too. To fit in considering all your life you never did fit in.

"Hi, Scott," Fritz said with a yawn, rubbing his eyes, he looks at you confused for a second.

"Hi Fritz, this is Y/N. He's a new hire for the morning shift, they finally decided to add a third person."

"Oh, that's cool." Fritz looks at you up and down, "Nice to meet you Y/N." Fritz said with a smile.

Did he just... check you out? You were not expecting that, wow. It kind of felt nice... You have never been checked out by a guy so obviously, last time you thought William did it but you never actually knew. Considering William just kissed you, then maybe the answer is yes. But Fritz did it so shamelessly and without hesitation.

"You're late, you know?" Scott says, "Don't let William find out."

"Fuck, I just switched shifts. Don't blame me," Fritz complained.

You're curious about something, "How long are the night shifts?" You suddenly ask.

"Well, we close at 5:30 PM, sometimes 7:30 PM if it's rented that long but Henry stays till 11:30 PM. The night shift starts at midnight and ends at 6 AM." Scott answers.

"Wow... Also, people can rent this place? Do we have to stay that long?" You continue with the questions.

"Normally when we have a long rental, we split the morning shift crew, which is normally two people, into morning and evening shifts. We really need more workers..." Scott adds, trailing off at the last bit.

"Well, don't we really hire because of what happened last time-" Fritz starts.

"Fritz. We don't talk about that." Scott interrupts, glancing at you nervously, and Fritz just stays quiet.

You just stare at the two confused, this place really is full of secrets... And quite frankly, if you don't like it yet also live for it, it's like a real life mystery case that you need to solve. But it's also scary because it involves people missing, danger, and a scary sexy man...

.

Once opening time nears, there's a mini line of kids waiting. Probably wanting to get in as soon as possible, you hear a door in the employee only section open. You turn around and see William leaving his office, he sees you and smirks slightly. That same smirk he gave you earlier when he kissed you... What a tease. Your cheeks are flushed rather quickly as he passes by you, heading to the stage. You see him tug the Bonnie suit backstage, he's probably gonna put it on. You're kind of curious to see how the spring locks push back, you saw them released but not they work...

Rather quickly, you get and follow William. You push the curtains, William looks up and tilts his head slightly. A grin formed, "Aww did someone miss me already?" William teases.

You blush, "You wish." You say back yet the blush on your cheeks only worsens.

William just chuckles, "Did you want to try little Bonnie here on or something?" William jokes.

You roll your eyes playfully, "No but I am curious about something..." You say, stroking the bunny ear of the suit, it's rather soft.

"Yeah?" William asks, seemingly happy that you're curious about his "baby"...

"How do you the spring locks work, I mean you gave a small instruction and I saw them release... But how do they do it? It just seems so dangerous yet you say you go in all the time so I want to know..." You mumble as William fixes the bow tie for his little friend.

"It's just a couple wind ups really, gotta keep movement down or else it could go off though..." William says, letting you see him wind up small little parts.

"Wind ups? What happens if you fail to rewind it or they run out?..." You ask, a little worried about that answer. This thing is clearly dangerous but you don't know just how much.

"Yeah, I like to wind up things, and uh, I plead the fifth for that second question..." William says, in a somewhat joking matter which is kind of suspicious. He's also fairly distracted.

"William."

"What?" William responds, raising an eyebrow, confused as to why you seem serious.

"Are you seriously not going to tell me?" You ask, leaning against the wall as he slowly puts the suit on.

"Nope, darling," William announces, a sly grin on his face.

You just stare at William as he slowly puts the head on, you won't lie. It's kind of scary to see this bunny up close, well again. You've been ignoring it mostly but now you really can't.

"So, is that all you wanted to ask? Or did you want another kiss?" William flirts, it's awkward coming from his Bonnie suit but it doesn't fail to make you blush.

You just look away blushing bright red, the thought of his lips on yours returning to your mind which just makes your blush worse. You swear, if he doesn't stop teasing you, you're going to shut him up with a kiss. See if he likes to have kisses stolen. Okay maybe, he would, it is William after all and he kissed you first um... Nevermind...