CHAPTER 15

Late at night of the same day Mallory took me to the writing workshop, I decided to go see Jeovanni and try to fix things up with him.

I didn't want to give anyone any explanations, so I decided to leave using my window. And I could have gone unnoticed. If only Danielle hadn't swung my door open the second I was about to do my escape.

"What the fuck are you doing?" She furrowed her eyebrows at the sight of me crouching on the windowsill.

"Uh..." I tried to think of something to say. I sighed, deciding to tell her already "You're right. I had a fight with Jeovanni. I'm going to his house to talk to him"

"Can't you use your phone?" Her expression remained the same.

"No" I said "I don't solve conflicts through the phone. It's stupid"

"Okay, then at least take Banana" She offered "And you can leave using the front door, y'know. You don't have to act like a thief"

"Right" I mumbled, deciding to follow her suggestion.

Danielle eyed me weirdly while I left her house, but I tried not to be bothered by it as she kept telling me that she'd kick me out if I 'hurt' her car.

I didn't think about what I was going to say to Jeovanni once I got into his house, but it's not like I had planned something the two other times I did the same thing I was doing tonight.

I tried to calm my beating heart as I knocked on his window. I could see Jeovanni sitting on his bed and typing something on his laptop. When he heard the thuds coming from where I was, he looked up from the device and rolled his eyes. A part of me was expecting the same are you crazy eyes he always gave me, but it wasn't the case this time.

"What do you want?" He asked me in a bored tone when he opened the window.

"Can I come in?" I didn't wait for his answer as I quickly added "Please"

Jeovanni hesitated for a moment, but eventually gestured for me to get inside with a nod and a snort. I internally sighed in relief at this.

"I told you we don't have anything to talk about" He said with his arms crossed once I was in his room.

"I know you don't, but I do" I retorted. Jeovanni opened his mouth to reply me, but I cut him off one more time "Just listen to me, alright? If you don't want to see me after I'm done, then I'll leave and we never have to talk to each other again. I even brought your book back" I opened the bag I had brought with me and took Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban out of it, placing it on his desk.

Jeovanni glanced at his book, and his eyes lingered on it for a second before he brought them back at me.

"Fine" He agreed.

"Okay" I nodded. Alright, I didn't think this far. Well, I didn't think at all "Okay, um..." I closed my eyes tightly shut and my hands in fists. I didn't want to open up to Jeovanni, but I felt like that was the only way of him not hating me.

"Look, Jack-"

"Remember when I told you that what Taylor does to Lucas I used to do a thousand times worse?" I took the courage to look in his eyes. Jeovanni didn't reply me; he just leaned on his desk and waited for me to continue "I used to do that with... I used to... I used to do that with people like you" I could see Jeovanni's eyebrows slightly furrowed at this "People like me" I continued.

"And I only stopped when I took things too far by outing this guy in front of the whole football team, but this guy ended up being my cousin's boyfriend, so things got really messy between us"