Chapter 13

In the hospital, after the doctor examined Marina, We sit in the waiting room for her laps result. Marina and Samuel sit next to each other.

I and Nano stand next to each other.

The doctor calls "Marina Nunier?"

Samuel says "Yes."

The doctor asks "Are you a relative?"

I say "Yeah, I'm her sister"

Samuel says "Yes, I'm her boyfriend." 

The doctor nods "Then you need to hear this"

Samuel holds Marina's hand.

The doctor says "The tests say you are pregnant. About four weeks" Samuel left her hand and I stare at her "If you need anything, I'll be in my office."

I stare at her "Oh boy" Nano gives me a look "It's okay, no problem, I'm just confused"

Samuel says "We were not together four weeks ago."

I wonder "It's okay. Whose is it? Huh? Marina?"

Samuel says "Marina, don't worry, you can tell me, us. Whose is it?"

Marina shakes her head "No, I can't, Samuel" she stands "I have to get out of here."

I shout after her "Hey." 

Nano puts his hand on Samuel's shoulder to assure him.

♡♡♡》Second Chance《♡♡♡

The next day, I sit in my office and Emma sits on the couch. I say "We don't have the money."

"For the bail?"

I laugh "Not for the bail, not for the lawyers, nothing."

"How is that?"

"Our accounts are empty. We are penniless. Papa left us with nothing. So, I guess he's going to spend the next 20 years in fսcking jail."

"How is your mother?"

"She is so fucking calm, I don't get it."

Emma stands "That's enough" She holds my arms and made me sit "Deep breath"

I take a deep breath "He made me the CEO, Emma"

Emma nods "I see, Why don't you ask for help at a bank?"

"Nobody wants to be linked to us now."

Emma searches in the drawers "What about a friend with money?"

"Nobody wants to call us. Not even fucking Teo. Who is Papa's partner? Guzman's godfather. And our manager."

Emma takes out a Bible "Bible?!" I take it from her hand "You're fucking weird family, not religious. Why your father kept it in his drawer?"

I open it and it was graven on the paper my name Rosa with a pink rose drawing "That's Bible when I was born"

"I feel you must visit him" I run to the bathroom throwing up. Emma follows me "You drink in the morning?"

I wipe my mouth "No" I look at my face "I catch the flu"

"That's the third time today, that's not flu. You should buy a pregnancy test"

I wash my face "Marina is the pregnant one, not me"

"You used protection?"

I think "No"

Emma rests her chin on my shoulder "Babies happen without protection"

I turn to her "No, I can't be. "