Chapter III : Karma

And as the day ended, The two had kept on bumping into each other. Only Callista didn't want anything to do with the man and simply ignored him until she was able to go home at dismissal. First day was utterly cruel, Callista could say it was the worst day of her life, except she had met such a handsome man. Of course she was still in denial about how she feels about the older male, but she couldn't really deny how ethereal he looked.

On the way home, her father had sent home a driver from the hospital and she was able to dive deep in her thoughts as she sat at the passenger seat of the car. Fiddling with her bag's keychain, fragments of memories of the senior appears in her head. Their short yet annoying interactions had somehow.. marked her empty heart.

And as she realizes what she was doing..

"Fuck no no no." She whines and stomps as she grabs her hair, hitting her head repeatedly in fear of catching feelings for the older male.

"Any problem Miss Hayes?" The driver asked concernedly, glancing at the younger lady at the back. As the two hold eye contact, Callista quickly fixes her hair and posture as she sits back up properly. "Hehe.." She smiles awkwardly and clears her throat, hiding her face and looking out the window.

The driver shrugs his shoulders back as he focuses again back to the road. He turns up the radio audio slightly, a song containing a catchy beat playing making Callista sightly nod her head along with it.

She fixes her stuff inside the bag as she approaches their home. The familliar white, black, and gold exterior of the mansion comes to view. A sigh of relief leaves out her lips as she see's her home, but also very exhausted and a little upset as she knew her parents aren't still here yet. As the car comes into a halt, she grabs her belongings and steps out the car with the help of the Driver. She smiles softly up at the man as he grabs some of her belongings to help her carry to her home.

She types in their passcode and enters their gate, being welcomed by her maids, she lets them carry her stuff as the driver as well hand it out to them. Her maids bow down to her as she shakes her hand for them not to bow this time.

"Good Evening Miss Hayes, we've prepared your bath and dinner. Would you request anything else?" One asked, Callista only then smiled and helped them carry her stuff towards her room. "No thank you Elaine, I'll be downstairs in a few, and please join me for dinner, I wouldn't want to eat alone yet again." She says, slightly in a sarcastic tone earning a nod from the staff as they exit the room.

She throws down her bag and hurries along to the bathroom, tying her hair up with a clam and taking her necktie and blazer off, also taking off the rest of her clothing and dips herself in the bathtub. A long sigh of relief exits her mouth as she closes her eyes and relaxes in peace as her sore and tired body stayed hidden under the tub-filled bubbles. The smell of strawberries and a small mixed aroma of the food coming from downstairs cause heavy cravings to the young lady.

"Alexa dim down lights to 50% and please play shuffle on my jazz playlist." The lights then darkened by only a little, soft and a catchy tune of jazz music plays inside the bathroom, causing a very pleased smile on the young lady's face.

As she finished resting inside the tub and washing up, she wraps herself up in her robe and finishes up her skin care routine in front of the large mirror. She takes a look at her freshened up face and gives her self an approving thumbs up before she went out the room.

She puts on some pajama's Elaine had prepared on her table and fixes the stuff inside her backpack again. Then afterwards she hurried down the stairs.

Her eyes soften as she see's Elaine and a few of the other staff at the table, waiting for her to sit down before they all do the same. A small smile reappears on her lips as she sits down on the center of the table, the rest of the people follow after she's sitted.