Chapter IV : Announcements

As she arrived home, Elaine had quickly taken her upstairs, worried painted all over her face as she examined the cuts and the traumatized girl in front of her. Everyone at the Mansion was busy getting all the things needed, all the things the lady should do. Her lips quivered, hands trembling, skin as pale as the snow whilst she hid her head away from the staff. Elaine looked at her with a soft gaze as she carefully lifted up her armsleeves, seeing her wounds all over, blood still dripping down her skin as the older woman grabbed a towel and quickly wiped it all off.

She looked at everyone in the room, eyes telling them to leave the two alone. Everyone got the gist of what she meant to say and they quietly all left the room. Her sobs were the only thing to make sound inside the area, the older woman let her do what she wanted while she wiped off the mess on her arms.

Elaine holds the young lady's hand as she helped her get to the bathroom, rinsing her cuts with the water gently for a few minutes before gently wiping it again using a cloth. Carefully disinfecting and cleaning her cuts. The older woman stayed quiet as she did her work, she didn't want to trigger anything and make the young girl even more upset.

Confused, Callista lifts up her head, looking at the older woman who focused at nothing else but her wounds.

The older woman gently dries her arms using a tissue and wraps her wounds with a dressing. Caressing it gently, she takes a brush and fixes the younger girl's messy hair, wiping her body using a cloth with soap and water, cleaning her up from head to toe but very carefully.

She helps her wear comfortable clothes then proceeding to her bed, helping her lie down and rest. As she was organizing again the messy stuff inside the backpack of the younger lady, the said girl only stared at Elaine. Completely puzzled as to why the older woman wasn't asking anything despite the severeness of her coping mechanism this time.

As if the woman was a telepath, she looks back to the young girl and holds both her hands carefully, caressing them gently as she looked the girl in the eye.

"Dear, I know what happend. This happend before, and I know people at your school aren't making things easy for you." She spoke in a soft voice, as Callista's eyes watered for the events earlier came flashing back in her fragile mind. "I don't wanna go there anymore.. I'm scared Elaine.." Callista says, pain stitched to her voice as she trembled, the fear of the people actually going to hurt her striked down all her fake defenses.

"I couldn't help it I was so scared.. I'm so scared Elaine.." She cried as hard as she could. The older woman felt such sympathy for the younger lady, she feared this day would come once again. And she was right, her dearest Callista was yet again traumatized by the hands of the people who've always felt that the young girl did so many terrible things.

"Dear.. maybe we should tell your parents." Callista shakes her head vigorously, that suggestion made her throw up. Knowing her parents could even care less about her wellbeing. "No please.. Leave them be." She says between hiccups and sobs, trying her best to wipe her own tears.

"Get some rest Dear, if you can't go to school for a while it's alright. I'll cover up for you alright?" Callista nods as Elaine approached her and kissed her head, tucking her in the blanket as she turned on the night light, closing the door leaving Callista alone. Anxious and Traumatised, she calls up Elaine again, the older woman of course, runs up without any hesitations.

"Please sleep with me..." She whispers, loud enough for Elaine to say yes and lie down beside her. The younger girl snuggling up to the older woman, as she held her tightly and carefully. "No one will hurt you as long as I'm here Callista, please rest assured that you'll be safe here." She reassures the frightened girl. After that, she goes directly to sleep, and she never showed up to the Academy for 3 days in a row.