Chapter VI : Denial

And as the door had closed, Alexander stood there with a dumb smile on his face as his heart fluttered from the interactions they have done. A wandering male passes by, realizing it was Alexander who was standing in front of the speech theater. The other male walked towards him, tapping his shoulder to gain his attention as the taller male turned and jumps from the sudden appearance of the unexpected male. "And what brings you to the theater, Mister Alexander Thorne?"

"Nothing Marco, it's none of your business." He chuckles as he began to walk back to their classroom, his best friend following behind him as he gave him a teasing expression. "I think it is."

"You're falling for her."

A lump appears on his throat after he heard that statement, laughing nervously as he loosens his necktie, continuing to walk and avoiding his friends' gaze. That movement was the only thing Marco had needed to confirm that the male was actually falling for dear Callista. He didn't blame Alexander though, he understood, who wouldn't?

"You better not say that out loud in public." Alex warned, earning a mischievous chuckle from his friend. "I'll see~" He replies in a sing-song matter, the other male groaning in annoyance. "Don't be an ass Marco." He warns again, Marco shrugs his shoulders and chuckles, seeing how tensed and nervous his friend was, he knew he got it down bad. "I'm guessing stuff happend in your office." He teases again, Alex had enough and kicked the other male, making him fall to the floor. "Oh shut up! You're so disgusting."

"I meant you two being lovey dovey you fucking asshole!" Marco yells at his defense, rubbing his torso as he gets up, limping whilst he followed the flustered male.

"Just admit it you liked being lovey with her!" He yells, "WHO WOULDN'T LIKE IT?!" He shouts even louder as he laughed in pain.

-

And as the two continued to bicker, after Callista enters inside the speech theater, she flinches at the unnexpected line of people. There was, surprisingly, a lot, and she didn't really expect that—especially after the current incident. She rushes to the lectern on top of the podium and turns on the microphone, trembling as she looks at the people watching her. She remembers the advice her senior had told her earlier, instantly she closes her eyes, breathes deeply, then she starts to speak.

"Good Morning.. S-Students of Meraki Academy. My name is Callista Hayes, and I appreciate you all coming today for applications to my partylist. I'm not sure whether you applied for this because you truly want to be at my partylist, or because you feel pity for me because of the incident."

"I truly don't care about your pity, honestly I really don't. All I care about is whether you're going to give all your blood, sweat, tears to this goddamn elections."

"Now I want everyone to be seated and I'll call you all up one by one here to interview you about yourself. Thank you."

As she ends her short speech, she sits down at the center of the podium, opening her laptop as the first applicant approaches her and sits down in front of her. Fixing her blouse she faces the first applicant, such a beautiful woman was displayed in front of her. Her hair platinun silver, its length just above the shoulder, such fair skin and beautiful emerald eyes. The rosiness of her cheeks complimented her skin, one of the most beautiful women Callista had encountered.

Apparently her name was Kalisha, she had8 these pearl necklace around her neck along with a gold one with it. She had this beautiful blouse and a cardigan hanging on the chair, she looked like she came out of a fairytale.

She asked the same question to everyone. Everyone was either saying scripted answers, obviously they have been rehearsing their lines whatsoever. They all sounded as if they were a robot, all just blabbering answers and whatnot. Memorized every word, every word not meaning anything. She kept hoping their answers could improve but only a few actually reached her standards. She needed people to rely on, not useless machines she can order around. It frustrated her, "Please have someone ACTUALLY answer my prayers." Each and every interview she sighed after they finished, composing herself as she slowly loses every inch of her patience.