Chapter VIII : The Conference

Of course, we could all say Callista smiled to her sleep that night, and another day had come to her after.

It was tuesday, the day of the first every partylist discussion meeting for the upcoming elections. Callista is going to have a busy day ahead, and she's about to prepare herself and her army for war. She spent almost the whole night planning for the partylist that she barely had any sleep. But she had to go to school, so she had to set aside her personal issues and handle her partylists' welfare first.

Walking inside the campus with an iced coffee on her hand, hair tied up in a high ponytail as she hurried down the halls of the building. The conference starts later this afternoon, early in the morning but she's already pumped up as the conference marks the start of the elections. A smile on her face as she enters the classroom, her classmates eye her suspiciously, some of the ladies rolling their eyes at her as she sits down at the seat near the window. 

Fixing her textbooks, April sits down on Callista's desk, lifting up her chin as she looks at the lady. Seeing how cheerful she was, she knew things went well with Thorne yesterday. A small smile on her lips, she was glad that finally, a day without Callista getting anxious or depressed. It's rare to see Callista so cheerful, so whoever's gonna ruin her day would have their lives ruined instead.

She watches Callista deal the rest of the requirements for the conference, finishing off what she, herself, had done last night. As the minutes pass by, their first Professor enters the room, holding his laptop bag, his books and other necessities he needed. The students each and one by one went back to their proper seats and greeted their Professor. After they were told to sit down, Callista places her belongings inside her bags. And as she was about to open her textbook, her phone vibrates, making her open it and check it immediately.

A message notificatiom from instagram pops up on her screen, quickly opening it as her eyes scan through the screen. She smiles after reading it, closing it immediately and paid attention to class.

AL3XTH0RNE
Study well Callista ^^
Best of luck! Alex's here
to support you always.

Of course, that motivated her more than she could ever feel motivated. She wasn't gonna let him down, or back down, she's gonna prove to him that she can do everything on her own, not with her parents, not with her money. Just her.

And that's what motivated Callista throughout the day, never failed to ace a test, keep up with recitation, paid attention or be attentive during lectures, she worked hard today.

And as the day slowly went by, class after class, every student survived another hell of a day, endured all the exhaustion and insane to death topics discussed during the day. The students of Meraki Academy exit the gates of the campus, returning home to rest. The sun wasn't even near to setting, it was too early for the likes of the participants of the Elections. They've got more work to do, and they have their hands full with responsibilities and just, more things to handle and do. Callista's partylist was the first to arrive at the Conference room, as the lady didn't like tardiness they were as punctual as they could have been. April and the others were doscussing matters about the partylist while Callista by herself, sat by the window once again.

Earphones plugged in her ears as she listens to her favorite songs, while she sketched a structure of some sort. Just letting out ideas and calming herself down whilst the rest of the participants weren't at the room. Sketching structures and buildings had always calmed her down, then later on her mind starts working once again and then she continues to work and work and work without any break at all. Doing this, stress-free hobby of hers helped her for years, and eversince then, this was the only activity to actually calm her mind down, exemptimg of course sight-seeing or watching the scenery.