Chapter VII : Risk

One thing was for sure.

That when Callista got home from the Academy, the first thing she did was stand still, dumbfounded, outside their gate. Alexander's actions and words stuck replaying over and over in a loop in her mind.

She asked herself, confused, What just happend?

Alexander Thorne, who hated people like me,

Me, Callista Hayes, who was someone Alexander Thorne hated.

Tells me we'd be whatever I wanted to be.

What the fuck did he mean?!

"I know one thing for sure, he likes you."

"I know one thing for sure, he doesn't. He absolutely doesn't. What he did yesterday was probably just his normal self, who knows."

April sighs as she watches her bestfriend frustratedly crumple each and every paper she ever wrote on. She looks at her in disbelief, watching how her friend kept on denying and crossing out every possibility that Alexander did like Callista.

"It's not possible April, he doesn't like people like me, and even of he did why is it so fast? It hasn't even been 3 weeks." She says, just casually arranging the campaign and their schedules, and also doing her homework that she had missed the night before.

"Who said you needed 3 weeks to like someone? Geez, he literally called up an assembly just to announce that whoever hurt you again would get automatically expelled." April states as she rolls her eyes at the stubborn princess she faced.

"That was because he is the President of the Council and it's his job to do things like that." Again, April groans in frustration as she rolls her eyes at how stubborn to accept and listen her best friend was.

"What about what happend in the office? Did he do that because he's just President of the council?" She asked, eyebrow raised as she looked at Callista suspiciously.

"That.." Callista was lost for her words, she did realize that something was definitely happening . She just couldn't point it out.

"You never know April, maybe those are just what we call Mixed Signals and I'm probably going to end up miserable once I respond to it." She states more, she stays being in-denial, she doesn't want to let anyone in her heart, not after what happend in the past, she refused to let another person take advantage of her. Or rather, put her hopes up, then proceed to destroy it after a while. She wasn't going to let it become like dèja vù, she swore not to let it happen again.

April however, she and her strong intuition felt like this was meant to be, all those interactions and constant "bumping-into-each-other" moments they had were solely for the purpose of their relationship. And she wasn't going to let Callista just let the chance go, at the same time she didn't want her friend to get hurt because of the possible consequences of whatever this may be.

Alexander, she believed, is worth the risk, she could see how much the two liked each other, it's just that one was too scared to risk, one was bold enough to do it. April didn't know whether that was a good or a bad thing.

Losing focus on her academics, Callista frustratingly shoves down her textbooks inside her backpack, unable to think straight for the events that had occured yesterday at the auditorium. It wasn't very good when Callista overthinks, she tends to be anxious and literally overthinks the situation, and then the outcome tends to result to a much exaggerated outcome due to the anxiety she produces while constantly overthinking about the situation.