Chapter 2

Amara's POV

The one word that came to mind was wow. The school looked absolutely ethereal. The interior of the school was divine, filled with neutral colors blended into a beautiful gradient. The lockers were large, and the poster boards were arranged neatly, with each poster being educational or clubs for students.

My whole life was spent in a home school or in a dungeon; the difference in education was huge. I finished my studies a long time ago, but every form of normality was ripped away from me at a young age. The least I wanted was to pretend like I was normal.

"We have arrived, Miss Smith," Alistair informed us as we stopped in front of the brown door with the tag principal.

As we entered, I realized how different the office was compared to the school. The school looked elegant and welcoming, while the office was plain.

"Ah, Miss Smith, we have been expecting you!" The man behind the table exclaimed, unlike Alistair; his energy was warm and friendly; he had a subtle smile; and his eyes shone like a child, while Alistair remained stoic at all costs. He did show emotions, of course, but it felt more professional.

"Yes, I am. How are you today, sir?" I asked with a smile on my face if the energy someone gives is what I reflect.

Alistair was professional and calm, so I remained as such. The principal is warm, so I'll be kind. The principal's smile grew as he chuckled.

"My, my, finally a student that respects me," he said, laughing at his own joke. People like him make me believe there are people who are pure in this world.

His energy reminded me of my dad. I have little memory of him, despite my photographic memory. I only have limited memories because of what they did to me.

The one thing I do remember is my father's laughter and that of my brothers. However, I don't remember their faces, just the warmth and love they provided me.

"Miss Smith, are you okay?" The principal asked with a smile on his face.

"Yes, yes, I'm ok. Sorry about that. Carry on." I replied. He smiled, nodding.

"Yes, well, you can call me Mr Carson I personally picked you to be a student here because of your work. I hope you find this school a good fit. Since you are studying with a full-paid scholarship, you will be living in a dorm with a student.

We have already told you're roommate to give you a tour of the school to get familiar with, and here's your schedule. I think that's all there is to discuss. I believe Mr. Alistair has told you everything you need to know."

His friendly attitude changed to a formal tone, but everything he said was still done with a smile. I only nodded when a knock interrupted us.

"Come in, Ms. Lee." Mr. Carson said.

"Good morning!" A short, beautiful girl said. She was dressed in bright colors, and her silky long hair was a bright red.

Her smile was radiant as two prominent dimples appeared on her round face. Her face shifted from Mr. Carson to mine.

"You must be my new roommate; your eyes are so pretty. I've never met someone with heterochromia!"

Her energy was lively, and her eyes showed nothing but happiness. "Thanks, you're beautiful," I smiled, saying, and I wasn't lying; her skin was smooth, and the makeup she had on enhanced the features she was born with. Her smile grew, which I didn't think was possible.

"I like you already. Can we go now, Mr. Carson? she asked. Mr. Carson let out a hearty laugh but nodded.

"Ok, this is our dorm. I know it's very bright; you don't seem like the kind of person who likes that, so don't worry, we can change it. I'm Yuling, by the way." She said it with a harsh blush on her face. She's embarrassed.