A new life

Niamh's pov:

I woke up to the slight bit of light shining through the blinds. As I slowly woke up I reached over to my phone on my bed side table to check the time.
Niamh- " shit shit shit! I am going to be late for my first day" I mumbled to myself
I jumped out of bed rushed over to my dressing table applied minimal make up ( only for the photos I will be getting today) and did my hair into a high ponytail. 'How on earth could I forget to set an alarm' I though to myself. Luckily, I had been a little more organised last night and laid out my clothes I had to wear and packed my bag as well as taking my cricket bag out to the car, all I had to do is grab my water bottle and snacks from the fridge.

Once I had got fully ready I grabbed my bag ran downstairs got my things from the fridge then picked up my keys and slipped my sliders on before locking up and heading out to my car for the 20 minute drive to London spirts training ground. Jumping in my car I connected my phone to the car before playing my 'motivation' playlist off Spotify. Then I finally set off only 10 minutes late which I was impressed by considering I woke up 30 minutes later then I had hoped.

Pulling up to the training ground I was amazed at how big it was this was a massive step for me in my cricket career especially being scouted by the best London cricket team there is. I had no time to take in my surroundings with me being late on my first day, which would all ready make me look bad I could always say I got lost on the way here.  Gathering my things from the boot of my car I piled my cricket bag on my back and headed off into the reception area.

Niamh-" excuse me hi" I keep smiling as i approach the desk in front of me
Receptionist- " hi what's your name dear?" She looks at me with a confused look
Niamh - " my name is Niamh wiegman I am the new singing" i say proudly
Receptionist -" ahhh hello Niamh I have heard a lot about you if you would like to follow me I will take you to Ashley and she can get you sorted"
Niamh- " thank you"

I quickly picked my bags up and walked after the lady
She knocks on the door in front of me
Receptionist - " Ashley Niamh is here"
Ashley - "ahhh bring her in please"

3rd person pov:

As Niamh entered the office there were obvious signs of nerves but Ashley chose to ignore them for the time being .

Ashley- "hello Niamh how are you?"
Niamh- " hi Ashley yes I am good thank you"
Ashley- " how are you feeling about starting a new team I know you haven't had much luck with other teams but you are a very talented young girl who deserves to be showcased"
Niamh- " aww thank you, well I am very nervous but more excited to finally get to play cricket full time"
Ashley- " well I am glad to give you that if you would like to follow me I will take you around show you everything and get you your playing kit before getting photos done for our instagram and then you can meet the team. How does that should?"
Niamh- " yep that's great can't wait to get started"

Niamh's POV:

As I walked down through the halls following Ashley I immediately started to feel at home this is what I was looking for this is what I wanted to start a fresh no bad memories.
My tour had finished and now we were getting photos for instagram I wouldn't say I was camera shy but I hated it when there are loads of people in the room watching you getting photos taken.
Luckily for me I had the photographer Ben, Ashley and media manager Claire.
We finished up on the photos and I was told I can post some on my socials if I want because they are going to put it on London spirits insta at any time.
So I decided to post it so people would be able to hear about my achievements and maybe the people who didn't believe in me will see how far I have come.
(Pretend she looks like 'nimah')

I am delighted to say I have signed a 1 year opening contract with London Spirit I can'twait to get started and show everyone what Iam capable of! Tagged: LondonSpirt

opening contract with London Spirit I can't
wait to get started and show everyone what I
am capable of!
Tagged: LondonSpirt

Comments:
Heatherknight55- can't wait to start playing with you you will smash it 💥x
Reply: n.Wiegman- I can't wait to start playing with the queen herself x

Charlie_dean22- what a boss we will show them what they are missing💪🏻💪🏻xx
Reply: n.wiegman- yes we will grill x

Sarina.wiegman- so proud of you darling show the world what you are made of😘xxx
Reply: n.wiegman- thanks mum can't wait to see you 😘😘x

Username2- finally someone recognises her talent

Username1- she is useless no one picked her for a reason

Username5- can't wait for all the London spirit Womens content

Load for more...

Once I had finished replying to my top comments I was notified that someone had tagged me on a post I opened it to see it was London spirit

We  are delighted to welcome @n.wiegman to our squad for the first coming year
And hopefully many more after!
Tagged- n.wiegman

@n.wiegman - can't wait for our journey to start 🎬
Liked by @londonspirit

Load all 1145 comments

Once that was all finished I put my phone in my pocket and headed back to Ashley

Ashely-" oh there you are you ready to meet the girls?"
Nimah-" as ready as I can be"
Ashely- "they will love you I promise"

I followed Ashely to the meeting room and I was greeted by loads of open eyes and round of applause
I think I am going to get on just fine here....

Word count: 1025