Chapter 16

"WE ALREADY reconciled with the man, My Lord

"WE ALREADY reconciled with the man, My Lord. We also gave him enough money to treat the injury."

Sage sat on the sofa silently as Thursday and Avenight talked in front her. Nakabusangot pa rin ang mukha niya ay hindi maitago ang pagkainis.

"Did you tell him not to tell anyone about what happened?"

"Yes, My Lord. Just like what you said, we also deleted every footages from those people's phones before they spread it."

Avenight just gestured his right hand to leave which the latter gladly did. Naiwan silang dalawa sa sala at agad na namayani ang katahimikan.

"Sage," he uttered.

Her irritated eyes glanced at him. "I'm not the one who's at fault, you should blame him! He called me bitch!"

"Stop raising your voice, woman, talk to me and calm down." Umupo ang lalaki sa tabi niya at pinakatitigan siya.

"I touched Pooh first, I'm sure that my skin touched it before him. And I will gladly give the toy to that man if only he talked to me nicely that it was for his son. But he didn't! He pissed me off," she explained while frowning.

"You shouldn't have done that to him, Sage."

"Why?" Inis siyang tumayo sa kinauupuan. "Yeah, I shouldn't have done that to him. Dapat mas worst pa 'yung ginawa ko sa kaniya! I was being nice for inflicting an injury to him, because if I am a bad girl just like how you always see me, then maybe he won't be even able to reconcile with you because he will be dead!"

"Sage."

She gulped when his voice deepened. Tumayo ang lalaki sa kinauupuan bago siya harapin. Napatingala pa siya dahil sa sobrang tangkad nito.

"You always sound like I'm your enemy when we're talking. I was just trying to ask you what happened, let's stop arguing like kids," sabi nito habang pinipigil ang inis. "Your words are starting to become violent. You don't mean that, so calm down."

"You're n-not trying to side with me, Avenight." Her forlorn eyes watered. "You hate me!"

"Stop it."

"I want to play," she angrily said. "I want to play, a real one!"

"You already did that inside the arcade. What more do you want, woman?" he asked, annoyed.

"That's not what you called playing! I want a real play! I want my toys!"

"Sage, stop acting like a brat to me," he said with finality on his voice.

Umiiyak naman siyang umiling dito at bahagya pang umatras. "Gusto ko sabing mag-play, eh! Bad ka! Hindi mo ako pinagbibigyan!"

"Sage!"

She quickly ran upstairs before going inside her room. Pabagsak pa niyang sinarado ang pintuan bago umiyak nang umiyak doon.