Chapter 1

THURSDAY let out a sigh while listening to the nobles as they discuss a horrible topic

THURSDAY let out a sigh while listening to the nobles as they discuss a horrible topic. Palihim siyang tumitingin sa pintuan ng silid at inaabangan ang pagpasok ng kung sino.

"Stop talking that loud, he might arrive in few minutes," Emperor Lucas; head of central security, announced in annoyance

"Well, he's not here, Lucas. Why don't you join us? We're talking about a good topic," Lady Eliza said while flashing a wicked smile.

"I found it very disrespectful for you guys to talk loudly inside his palace. Shut your mouths, will you?" Lucas replied as he forced a sweet but fake smile.

Everyone felt offended with his tone and was about to say something when the Central General entered the room.

"May I request everyone to keep their voices down as Lord Avenight enters the room." Parang nabunutan ng tinik sa dibdib si Thursday sa anunsyo nito. Kanina pa siya naririndi sa ingay at isang presensya lang naman ang makakapagpatahimik sa mga ito.

The central guards formed a straight line as everyone stood up. "Make way for Your Highness."

Thursday focused his attention on the entrance as Avenight appeared with his usual expression: dull and cold. Sabay-sabay silang yumuko nang tuluyan itong makapasok sa silid. The room — miraculously — was filled with silence.

Agad na humakbang siya papalapit sa pinuno at yumuko rito. "My Lord, your father ordered everyone to gather and discuss something with you, I think it's about your engagement."

Avenight's eyes darkened upon hearing that. Ngunit nilagpasan lang siya nito at dire-diretsyong umupo sa gitna na agad naman niyang sinundan para tumayo sa gilid nito.

"You're fucking loud a while ago, what's with the sudden silence?" malamig na saad nito sa mga kaharap.

Everyone quickly stood up from their seat to bow their heads. "We apologize for our disrespectful behaviour, My Lord."

Avenight glanced at him, sending signal with his eyes, that he quickly understood. Binalik muli nito ang tingin sa mga kaharap. "What's the matter? Did my father order you again to force me about marriage?"

Lady Mira stood up. "We're here to ask about your engagement, Your Highness. Your ceremony will happen after three months. By that day, if you happen to end up not having a wife, we will be forced to step down from our ranks. We will be forced to end this empire—"

"I'm pretty sure that I didn't ask you to remind me about our oath, Lady Mira. What do you take me for?"

Yumuko ang babae at mapagpaumanhin na tumitig sa lalaki. "I apologize, My Lord."

"Thursday," Avenight uttered. Yumuko siya sa pinuno bago humarap sa mga ito.

"For the next three weeks, we'll fly to different countries to meet the Princesses and Duchess of every country." He opened the hologram to show the pictures of presented royalties. "And if Your Highness failed to find a rightful future Queen of Elityians from these options, we have to consider lower titles as long as we can provide for choices."

"I don't want a mere Infanta nor a Viscountess to be our future Queen. So let's try not to consider it. I'm sure Lord Avenight will agree also." Lady Mariya bit her lower lip after saying that,

Lihim na nagsalubong ang mga kilay ni Thursday sa inasta nito.

"I'll decide whatever satisfies me. You don't have to be desperate about it, Mariya. The least thing I want for you to do is to open your mouth so shut it." Napapahiyang yumuko ang dalaga sa sinagot ni Avenight dito. 

He automatically stopped himself from laughing while watching the woman's face as it lose colors. Bakit ba kasi pakialamera ang babaeng 'to? Bulong niya sa isip.

"I think we clarified everything you need to know. I'll continue updating everyone. Please exit the palace after doing your businesses, Lord Avenight has to leave now," pormal niyang saad.

Mabilis siyang sumunod sa pinuno nang walang pasabi itong lumayas sa silid na 'yon. Thursday cleared his throat as soon as they got out.

"My Lord, should I move your schedule?"

Malamig siya nitong pinakatitigan. "Next three weeks? I'm expecting to meet those women next month."

"I apologize for not telling you in instant, My Lord. I have to change our plans so they won't bother you anymore about your engagement." Magalang siyang yumuko rito.

Tinalikuran lang siya nito at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad. "Let's schedule it tomorrow immediately."

"My Lord?" taka niyang saad.

"I'll talk to my father about it. And do background check with those women you presented in the meeting room. Ayokong makipagplastikan sa mga punyeta."

Thursday bowed as Avenight walked away. Manghang pinakatitigan niya na lamang ang pigura nito na papalayo sa kaniya.

"I've  been his right hand for three years but he's still fucking cool and awesome as fuck," bulong niya bago marahang tapikin ang pisngi. "Right. I have business to do. Move your fucking ass Thursday."

AVENIGHT stared at the photo he received

AVENIGHT stared at the photo he received. It's a picture of his dear youngest brother, Primo; protecting his childhood love, Eerrah, from afar. He sent his private investigator to know what his brother's up to. And this is what he got. A romantic scenery.

Binagsak niya ang cellphone sa lamesa bago ipahinga ang likod sa sofa. "Good for you, Primo."

Both of his hands clenched as he shut his eyes. "What does it really feel to be free?" mariin niyang bulong bago imulat ang mga mata na puno ng galit.

Freedom was never given to him ever since. The moment he was born, he's already obligated to take over his father's throne and lead a fucking clan. He was crowned as the Lord of Elityian's Empire when he never wanted to be one.

And that fucking oath even wanted him to marry a woman he doesn't love. To have children with someone he never wanted to cherish. Kahit sa babaeng papakasalan ay hindi siya malayang pumili kaya hindi niya maiwasang mainggit sa mga nakababatang kapatid.

They have no responsibilities to shoulder. He wanted to be happy for them because his brothers will never go through the pain he's experiencing. But it's breaking him apart knowing that he has to be caged in this situation he never asked for.

"A fucking family? A wife? I never wanted to have one," puno ng galit niyang bulong.