Chapter 21

WITH FULL of amusement, Sage roamed her eyes around Avenight's room

WITH FULL of amusement, Sage roamed her eyes around Avenight's room. It was too dark, all she can see is black and a little hint of white colors.

"Feel free, you can sleep now. I have something to do." She was taken back to sanity when Avenight spoke behind her.

Nilingon niya ito na may pilyong ngiti sa mga labi. "Ayaw! Mag-i-sleep lang ako kapag i-sleep ka na."

His eyes narrowed as he slowly removed his neck tie. Maingat nitong nilapag 'yon sa lamesa bago dahan-dahang naglakad papalapit sa kaniya.

She gulped when his face went closer. "It's our first night together and you're already giving me a headache, wife."

She scratched the bridge of her nose. "I'll just watch. Promise! Tapos magpe-play lang ako sa lapag, promise!"

"Sleep."

"Ayaw."

"Your toys are not here."

"I will play with myself!" depensa niya.

He stared at her deeply after realizing that she won't even obey him. Muli itong humakbang papalapit sa kaniya na ikinabigla niya.

"Ah!" she screamed in shock when he carried her before gently throwing her to the bed.

Bahagya pa siyang tumalbog dahil sa lambot ng kama.

"Ihh!" Bumusangot ang mukha niya at inis na hinarap ang asawa. "Ayaw ko pa nga matulog, eh! Later na nga!"

"I have stuff to do, Sage. You'll just interrupt and annoy the shit out of me," he replied with full of authority.

She kneeled on the bed before raising her right hand. "Hindi ako magkukulit, promise! Behave lang ako dito, oh."

"You will eventually sleep later, so do it now. I have important things to do," he said.

Sage pouted her lips with teary eyes. "But I g-get nightmares. Whenever I play a real game, I always get nightmares. Hindi ako m-makatulog."

She looked up to him and immediately noticed how his face softened a bit. He glanced at her for a few seconds before removing his suit.

He sat on the bed as he looked at her straight in the eyes. "Sleep. I'll work beside you."

Mabilis na nagliwanag ang mga mata niya sa narinig. "Really?! Hindi ka lalabas? If I wake up in the morning, you'll be here?"

"Hmm. Lay down, I'll stay here."

She giggled out of happiness when she confirmed that from his own lips. Hinablot niya ang makapal na kumot at saka humiga sa kama.

Ilang segundo siya nitong tinignan bago ito tumayo para kuhanin ang laptop. He wore his reading glasses as he sat down beside her once again.

Hindi maiwasan ni Sage na panoorin ang ginagawa ng asawa sa laptop para magpaantok. She can't understand a single thing since he's typing so fast with numbers on his screen.

"What is that?" she asked as she placed her head on top of his lap. Bahagya namang inusod ng lalaki ang laptop sa kabila nitong hita.

"I'm strengthening the site that Thursday did."

"What is site? Is it for your work? What's your work, hubby?" sunod-sunod niyang tanong.

A glimpse of smile appeared on his lips. "My work has something to do with what you've called game, Sage."

Gulat na napabangon siya nang marinig 'yon. "Huh? You're also playing just like me?!"

He placed the laptop on the side table before staring at her. He reached out for a few strand of her hair as he put it behind her ear. "It's not a game, Sage."

"What do you mean? I've been playing like that!" depensa niya pa habang nakangiti.

"I'm not killing people for game, I've killed those people because I want to eliminate them," mahinahon nitong paliwanag.

She was speechless for a second. "But I'm only playing with bad people o-only, Avenight. I never laid hands to people who are kind like me! I will never hurt someone like you!"

He grinned. "Someone like me?"

Sage nodded her head multiple times. "You are kind to me, hubby. So, I will never hurt you and I don't want to play a game with you. Unless we're magkakampi. Pero hindi ako gagamit ng toys sa 'yo, kasi I don't want you to get hurt. You are too important for me!"

"I'm important to you? Really?" he asked while suppressing a smile.

"Yes! You and Thursday are both important to me!"

Biglang dumilim ang ekspresyon nito na ikinabigla niya. "Why do you have to goddamn mention his name all the time, Sage?!"

Inis siya nitong sinamaan ng tingin.

"But he's m-my friend—"

"And I am your freaking husband. Don't even say his name in front me unless I allow you to do so. Hearing his name from you makes me fucking sick to my stomach," galit nitong sagot.

"Mabait naman si Thur—siya, ah! Lagi nga siya nakikipaglaro sa akin, ih."

"I don't even give a damn if he's a saint or what. Just stop mentioning him in every conversation we have! Do you even mention my name in front him?" he sounded more mad and competitive.

"Of course I do! I always tell him that I adore you so much!"

"You adore me? How about him? Do you adore him as well?"

Sage pouted her lips even more. "I adore him because he's my friend. But not as much as I adore you, of course!"

"I'm mad."

She frowned. "Don't be mad, hubby. I like you so much! I adore you! I'll always stay beside you!" Mabilis siyang yumakap sa lalaki at hinalikan pa ito sa pisngi bago bumungisngis. "Ni-kiss kita para 'di ka na angry."

"You're only allowed to do that with me."

"Hmm? What?" she asked.

"You're not supposed to kiss anyone just to ease their anger towards you. Don't even try being intimate with anyone aside from me."

Mabilis naman siyang tumango-tango sa sinabi nito. "Okay! I promise!"

His dark expression faded as he gently lay her down on the bed. "Sleep."

"Can I meet Meraih tomorrow? I miss her."

"Yes. Sleep for now."

"Good night, hubby," she greeted him with her sweet voice before closing her eyes.

"Good night, bunny."

The corner of Avenight's lips moved after hearing Sage's cute snore. He reached out for her soft cheek as he gently caressed it. "You're unconsciously making me mad, my wife. What would I even do with your stubbornness?"

 What would I even do with your stubbornness?"