Chapter 23

AVENIGHT has Congenital Insensitivity to Pain? It is Sage's first time to hear that kind of illness, especially knowing that it was her husband who suffers from it

According to his brother, Avenight can not feel any physical pain even if his body parts will be cut off from his body. That's how serious that disorder is and she can't comprehend clearly how he was able to live with that.

What if he got stabbed out of nowhere? He won't even feel it and he won't even know he's already losing blood.

Kanina niya pa iniisip ang maraming bagay pero hindi naman niya masasagot lahat ng mga tanong sa isip niya. Paano kung nagsisinungaling lang pala ang kapatid nito?

Paano kung binibiro lang siya tapos balak siyang ipatapon sa scary place?

"Omg, scary," she whispered while covering her mouth.

Sage carefully glanced at her husband who's busy talking to someone on the phone. Nakatuon ang isa nitong kamay sa lamesa, nakikita niya tuloy ang mga bumabakat na ugat sa braso nito.

She stood up from her seat before getting the pencil on top of the bedside table, tinago niya 'yon sa likuran bago maglakad papalapit sa asawa na nakatalikod sa direksyon niya.

He hates being interrupted when he's talking to someone on the line. But this is the only way to know if Sebastian is saying the truth about her husband. Mapapagalitan na rin naman siya sa susunod, edi aagahan niya na!

Kinakabahang tinaas niya ang lapis na hawak at akmang isasaksak ito sa balikat ng asawa nang bigla na lang itong humarap at mabilis na nasalag ang kamay niya. "What the hell are you doing, Sage?"

Inis niyang binitawan ang hawak at 'saka kinagat ang braso ng lalaki. She gritted her teeth on his skin but he did not even groan.

Mabilis na namula ang mukha ni Sage at umiiyak na tiningala ang asawa. "You liar!"

Avenight quickly ended the call before throwing his phone on the table. "What are you talking about, Sage? And why the hell are you crying?"

She sobbed continuously, still throwing death glares over him. "I bit you before, and you acted like I actually hurt you, but you lied to me! Hindi ka naman n-nasasaktan sa mga bite ko, you're just acting like you're in pain. I hate you!"

He immediately pulled her to his body while stopping her arms from punching his chest. "Stop it, Sage. Calm down."

"Why are you stopping my arms? You won't even get hurt from my punches! You're the one who's hurting me, you k-keep on lying to me!"

"Talk to me first and we'll settle whatever you're mad about." Napahinto siya sa pag-iyak nang mas lumalim ang boses nito. Bahagya pa nitong sinapo ang mga pisngi niya para punasan ang mga luha niyang walang tigil.

"You l-lied to me, hubby. Dati nag-groan ka n-noong kinagat kita just to make me stop whining, pero hindi k-ka naman pala nakaka-feel ng physical pain. Ibig sabihin, hindi kita m-magagantihan whenever you're making me feel upset," mahaba niyang litanya na para bang nagsusumbong na bata.

The corner of his lips curved, it's as if he's just stopping himself from laughing.

"Is that the reason why you're mad at me? Did my brother tell you about my condition?"

She nodded her head. "Oo, sabi n-niya sa akin, eh."

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you earlier, I'm also trying to hide my condition from everyone. I guess I'm an asshole for not informing my wife," mahinahon nitong sabi habang malalim pa rin ang tingin sa kaniya.

"Talaga? Sasabihin m-mo rin sa akin someday?" she asked with her teary eyes. Natatawa naman itong tumango. "Okay, I'm s-sorry, hubby. I was wrong, I don't h-hate you. I'm sorry! I should have asked you first, don't hate me."

Tumingkayad siya para halikan nang maraming beses ang pisngi nito. 'Saka siya matamis na ngumiti at yumakap pa sa baywang nito.

"I'm really a bad wife, Avenight. Lagi na lang kitang inaaway kahit wala ka namang ginagawa. Please, huwag mo akong aawayin pabalik, ha? I will get upset, sige ka."

"Hmm, you're the only one who's allowed to upset me?" he asked while shaking his head.

She giggled naughtily before nodding. "Yes! Kapag inaway mo ako, I will marry other man!"

His eyes narrowed with what she said, 'saka nitong marahan na ginulo ang buhok niya. "No one can keep up with your stubbornness aside from me, bunny. Do you think you will find another monster like me?"

She pouted her lips while frowning with his question. She carefully pulled the collar of his polo before playing with it. "You're not a monster, Avenight. You never hurt me, so why would you call yourself a monster?"

"People who are different are named as monsters, Sage. You might not understand it but I consider myself as one-"

"But I don't have the capability to act like an adult, hubby. No matter how I try to act like everyone else, I always fail and I always end up playing. I'm different from other people as well, am I a monster?"

His eyes deepened as he shook his head slowly.

"Then why would you consider yourself as a monster if you're different from other people? We're not doing anything bad, and if we're different from them, that's not our fault. I only consider people as monsters if they cause innocent people's pain. " She flashed a sweet and warm smile in front him.

Matagal itong tumitig sa kaniya bago magpakawala ng mahinang tawa. 

"You must stop doing this to me, Sage."

"Huh?"

"I've never see myself falling in love and I'm afraid of the things I would do once I experience that. I might really become a monster because of you," he said with his deep and cold voice.

Her face lose its colors after hearing that from his lips.

"You don't want to see me killing people because of you, right?"

She gulped before nodding her head. "Why would you-"

"I'm afraid you might be my only kryptonite, Sage." He pulled her nape gently to place his lips on her ear. "I can't even stop myself anymore."