Chapter 29

"CONGRATULATIONS, Lord Avenight

"CONGRATULATIONS, Lord Avenight. Based on the results of the test I conducted, I can finally confirm that Queen Sage is two weeks pregnant."

Avenight immediately dropped his eyes on Sage when he finally confirmed the news. Bakas naman sa mukha ng asawa ang pagkalito nang marinig ang sinabi ng doktor.

"I'm pregnant?" Sage asked.

The female doctor smiled happily. "Yes, Your Highness. I'll be checking you from time to time to ensure the safety of the baby."

"Thank you. Leave us for a moment," Avenight uttered to the doctor who immediately bowed towards him.

"I understand, Your Highness."

The female doctor quietly stepped outside their room before slowly closing the door, leaving only the two of them inside.

"Hubby." Sage extended her arm to grip on Avenight's shirt. "I'm pregnant? Like in cartoons, where the princess has a baby inside her womb?"

He carefully sat beside his wife before smiling happily. His fingers gently squeezed her chin. "Yes, my lovely wife. You're pregnant."

Compared to the whole years of his entire existence, it was the first time that Avenight's eyes showed clear evidence of excitement. His eyes were glowing because of extreme happiness.

"I have a baby inside me?" she asked flabbergasted. Her hand dropped on her flat tummy before caressing it slowly. "A baby."

"Thank you, my lovely wife," he sweetly said while showering her cheeks with kisses.

She giggled cutely in response.

His lips went to her forehead as he began caressing Sage's stomach as well. "Are you scared?"

"No!" she exclaimed. "I'm happy! I have a baby inside me. This baby is mine, right?"

"Ours, baby," he corrected her with a cold tone.

Sage giggled cutely as she encircled both of her arms around his nape to hug him. "This baby is ours, hubby. Wow! I'm so excited! Kailan siya lalabas? Matagal ba? 'Yung princess sa cartoon ilang months niya bago ilabas 'yung baby nila n'ung prince. Si baby natin?"

Avenight chuckled. "Our son needs to develop his body and physical features inside your womb, my wife. It will take nine months for him to form perfectly."

She gasped with widened eyes. "Nine months? That's too long! I want to see our baby now."

"That can't happen. He's not even human yet," he answered while laughing.

"That means I have to wait longer? So, wala pa akong kalaro?" malungkot na sabi ng babae.

Avenight's forehead furrowed after hearing what his wife said. "Even after nine months, I won't allow you to play with him. Wait for at least months, my baby. You're so impatient."