𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐥𝐬

Thrad Era

You are the only family member born with curly hair, which not everyone in your family likes. Your stepmom didn't like it and would complain that it was just a big mess and distraction to ruin the family tree. However, you inherited your great-great-grandmother from your dad's side, who had curls in her hair.

You didn't seem to be bothered or try to ignore their mean comments about your hair. Heck, your cousins, that were ALL girls, would bully you because you didn't have straight hair. 

"Y/N, you need to cut your hair. It's in the way!" Veronica commented.

"It's like a huge bush that needs trimming." Jessie snickered. 

You held your head down, responding, "I-I don't see a problem with my hair. I can put it in two pigtails." The girls looked at each other and laughed, making you feel more insecure. 

"No one can detangle that huge ball of hair in your scalp!" Kayla commented. 

"Yeah, you might need to blow it down with a wind blower." Becky cackled. 

"Very funny." You clicked your tongue at them as the four girls laughed away. 

You didn't want to be bothered by them anyway, and it wasn't long enough until you bumped into someone that entered your life to change everything. His name was Michael, and he was a charming, funny, and passionate young guy you met at the Boba shop downtown. 

You were reading a book at Michael's place, crisscrossed on his bed. Michael was playing video games before he turned to look over at you to see how beautiful you looked to have fabulous curls. 

"Hey peach, you wanna go a round?" He asked. Michael held out his controller for you as you looked up, shaking your head. 

"No. I want to read. Thank you for asking." You replied.

"M'kay. Hungry?" He asked.

"A little." 

"What do you want to eat?" He asked. 

"Hm...I don't know." You replied. 

"Let me go see what I can find." Michael gets up to leave out of the room and heads downstairs to check for some food. While he was down there, one of his brothers entered the kitchen.

"So, you got yourself a girl. Is she hot?" Michael's eldest brother Jermaine looked at him with a questionable gaze. 

"What does it matter to you?" He looked over at his brother and back at the cabinets to look inside to see what he could find. 

"What? I'm just asking if she was hot, brotha." Jermaine said, with a smile on his face.

"Rite. So that you could go ahead and snatch her away from me?" He glared over at his brother, knowing that if he got himself a girl, he would snatch her away like the others. 

He dated Lisa, Tatiana, and Tammy. SNATCHED!

Not this time. 

"Look, I'm sorry, Michael. I didn't mean to do it on purpose." Jermaine said. 

"Whatever," Michael finds a bag of chips that were your favorite kind and leaves. He returned to his room to see you standing up, looking out the window curiously. "Peach, I got you some chips." 

You turned your head to see the chips in his hands, "Oh, thank you!" You went over to take the bag from him as he handed them to you. You stood on your tippy toes to give him a peck on his cheek. 

You returned to his bed to open it and took one bite of the chip. As you sat there eating, Michael went over to sit beside you. 

"Hey, can I do something?" He asked. 

"Hm?" You looked up at him with your eyes glazing up to meet his brown eyes. 

"Can I fix your hair?" He asked, looking at you shyly.

Michael LOVED your hair, never complained about how it looked, and did it for you. 

"Sure! I don't mind." You replied.

Michael crawls behind you to fix your hair and compliments nice things. Not like your family would insult word after word about it. When he was done, he looked at his masterpiece of hairstyle. 

"You look so beautiful. Like a princess--my princess." He said, resting his chin on your shoulder and wrapping his arms around your waist. 

You wanted to smile, but what was holding you back were the words from your cousins. 

"Baby, what's wrong? You don't like it?" Michael asked. 

"N-No! I do. It's just...I don't like my curls." You replied.

He tilted his head, "Why not?" He asked.

You explained to him that your family was against you having beautiful curls. He didn't seem to like how they teased you, and he understood your pain because of the same scenario he went through as a kid. 

"Baby, you don't have to listen to them just because they think it's not pretty. It is to me." He said, pulling you into his lap as he nuzzled against your hold. "I love your curls very so much. They are beautiful, just like you. They're just jealous because they don't have what you have." 

"I guess..." 

Michael inhales as he pecks your forehead, saying, "I love you, my curly hair girl." He said, as you blushed and smiled a little. 

"I love you, too. Thanks for making me feel a bit better." You replied.