Not Good Enough

Mature Era

Song: Love Lana Del Ray

"I don't want to." You protested. 

"Why not?" Michael whined. 

"I'm...I don't look great in dresses and am not a dress girl." You protested. 

"Well, that's fine. I won't force you to wear one if it's not enough. Y/N, I want you to be there, and it's just for one night--nothing too bad." Said, Michael. 

"It is bad." You quivered. 

Michael shook his head. He mumbles, "I don't have time to deal with this. You don't have to go, and it's fine." He turned his heel to leave out of the room as you stood there to progress. 

You are not usually a dress girl if you wear anything so elegant and extravagant at the World's Music Awards. Michael has received awards in the past, and it's 2006, so he wanted you to be there. There is even a party with other celebrities for which you are not a party-goer. You like parties, but not when there are so many people; you want to stay only briefly. It would be best if you weren't complaining when you're dating the king of pop, and he sees how different you are from everyone. 

"Maybe I should go just to make him feel better. I shouldn't be a stick in the mud." You said to yourself as you walked out to find him. "Michael?" You called out to him as he came back around the corner. 

"Yes, sweetie?" He asked. 

"I was thinking about what you said, and maybe I should--"

"You don't have to." Said, Michael. You looked at him quite confused, and he continued, "I asked Beyonce to go with me there. So, you don't have to worry about going since you didn't want to." 

You looked at him speechless, yet hurt since you didn't tell him about changing your mind. 

"Oh...okay." You squeaked. 

"Are you okay?" Michael asked, looking at you a bit worried. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." You replied. 

~ Time Skip~

Night arrives, and Michael leaves the house soon after leaving you alone. You wish you had forced yourself to go and enjoy the party, but you would need to be in a crowded place full of people.

"Well, I don't have to. What's stopping me?" You asked, looking away from the window after the limo drove off. 

You wanted to relax at home, but some felt guilty about declining the offer to go with Michael to the awards. So, you go into your closet and look inside to move the clothes aside as you notice a lovely dress. It was a gift from your grandfather that he gave you to wear before he passed away last summer.  

"I haven't worn this dress to any event, but maybe I should try it on." You said. 

You wear the dress with short heels, mascara, red lipstick, black earrings, and pink blush. Your hair was curly-free with the black butterfly pins on your hair. You even placed a mask around your face that was glittery as well. 

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑴𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒆𝒍 𝑱𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝑰𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔| 𝑽𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒎𝒆 1 🎉