Chapter 6 || 𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝔀𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓪 𝓜𝓪𝓼𝓴

It was 9:30 PM, Fio and Emuri talked for a while on the balcony until Fio looked at his watch and noticed the time.

"Oh shoot! We have 30 minutes until the Masquerade Ball starts. We better get going!"

Fio got up and ran, and Emuri got up and followed. Emuri went to the girl's dressing room to change her clothes, and 3 minutes later, she came out. She starts running around trying to find Fio. Until the Black Lord walked by in front of her.

"Need help?" Black Lord said.

Emuri stopped running and looked at Black Lord. "Do you know where the Masquerade Ball is at? We have like 30 minutes until it starts."

Black Lord responded. "Yes, want me to lead the way?"

"Yes."

"Alright, follow me, Ms. Boyle." Black Lord started walking, and Emuri followed.

"Where is Fio?" Emuri asked.

"He's getting ready. He'll be there in a short time." Black Lord replied.

"Ah, okay."

They kept walking until they arrived at the Masquerade Ball. Sunbeam and Moonfall are already there practicing doing their things.

"Greetings, fellas." Black Lord said. Sunbeam and Moonfall looked at Black Lord. Emuri was behind Black Lord.

"Oh, hello, Masque!" Sunbeam said. "We're just practicing our things here."

"Yep." Moonfall replied.

"Good to hear." Black Lord replied.

Black Lord glances at Emuri. He started to sense her as something.. "Mind if you follow me to a private place for a talk one on one?" Black Lord said to Emuri.

"Uh, sure." Emuri said.

Black Lord took her hand and walked into a private room, and Emuri followed with her left hand being held.

"Take a seat across from me." Black Lord asked. Emuri does what the Black Lord said. Black Lord took a seat.

"So what are you gonna say to me?" Emuri asked. Black Lord crossed his arms as he was sitting. "Are you a dreamer?" Black Lord asked specifically. Emuri doesn't know what it means. "Uh.. What do you mean by dreamer?" Emuri asked.

Black Lord looked at Emuri eye to eye. "Your soul is still there, not the body. In reality, you are sleeping. You're not real here."

"W-what?.." Emuri was surprised to hear that response.

"Who are you in the Foundation?" Black Lord asked.

"A D-Class, I am considered as D-7068. How did you know about the foundation?" Emuri replied.

"Depending on a SITE you are at. Have they talked about me?" Black Lord said.

"I don't even know which SCP are you. I don't know what SITE am I at." Emuri replied.

"They haven't tested you on me yet, I see." Black Lord started to giggle. "Now, I don't wanna go further as I'd rather not make you uncomfortable. Wanna go back to where they are at?"

"Sure." Emuri said.

They got off of the chair and started walking back to where Sunbeam and Moonfall are at. It was 9:55 PM. As they exited out of the private room, Fio arrived. Emuri sees Fio.

"Fio!" Emuri shouted. She was happy to see him.

Fio smiled at Emuri.

"Alright, take a seat, take a seat, everyone." Black Lord said. They took a seat. Sunbeam and Moonfall were sitting on a chair on the left, Fio sat on the chair on the right. Emuri sat on a chair across from Black Lord as he took a seat.

As Black Lord was about to speak, someone interrupted him. Red Lord came by to the door to where they were at.

"Ooooo, Black Lord, you have a crush." Red Lord said. He laughed.

"Oh shut up, Red Lord. Leave me be, I don't have a crush on anybody you centipede. Black Lord said.

"Oh, you will." Red Lord responded.

"Just get out of this area here and go do your own thing. Let me handle my own things here as a Jester."

"Haha! Alright, alright!" Red Lord hopped away.

Black Lord sighed. "Anyways, I'll continue what I was about to say."

"Welcome to the Masquerade! I'm Black Lord, your host here. Thank you all for joining as I am happy to see you all. Enjoy your stay here as long as you want. I won't mind how long you stay here. Get comfortable!"

Emuri listened and smiled. She enjoyed being here. But something in her mind, she was wondering which SCP the Black Lord is as never seen him. She looked at him carefully. She didn't recognize who he was.

Suddenly, a random woman came in with a black veteran mask. "Did I miss the masquerade?! Am I late?"

"I'm sorry, but you're late. But don't worry, we haven't gotten started doing our performances and stuff." Black Lord said.

The woman goes to take a seat on the right to where Fio is at.

Emuri looked at her. "Who are you?" Emuri asked.

The woman looked at her. "My name is Faye Poverly. I was invited here by the Black Lord. I do astronomy."

"Interesting." Emuri replied.

"Woah! That's so cool!" Sunbeam said. "I'm sure that galaxies are cool to see!"

"Sure they are." Faye replied.

They started to have a conversation. Emuri doesn't say anything as all she had to do was to sit and listen through conversations. Black Lord was sitting and looked at Emuri closely and menacingly. He crossed his arms.

Black Lord thoughts in his mind. "Emuri Boyle is a D-Class in reality, I see.. She doesn't know my identity yet as she doesn't read my document or the foundation hasn't talked to her about me. I wonder what the foundation tasked her to do here in Alagadda. I need to make her wake up to reality before she completes something."

Black Lord looked at himself and noticed he had a knife in his pocket. He decided to keep it hidden as it is not the perfect timing yet. He rathered not to be revealed that early that he had a knife within himself.