Chapter 8 || Reality

Emuri woke up at 3AM early in the morning. She decided to walk out of the room and go to the dining room to get a glass of water. As we arrived at the dining room, Black Lord was sitting on a chair, there were no pupils in his eyes, and his arms were crossed.

Emuri glanced at the Black Lord, confused but continued to go get a glass of water. After 7 minutes later when Emuri finished drinking. She looked at Black Lord. He was still in the same position.

"Black Lord, you alright?" Emuri said. Black Lord's pupils appeared as Emuri spoke. "Uh, yes, I'm alright!" Black Lord replied.

"You sure you don't seem alright. Why are you up early in the morning?" Emuri said.

Black Lord sighed. "As a Lord, I don't sleep. I'm just a mask here."

"A mask? Aren't you a human based on your appearance?"

"I'm a mask here, the Anguish Mask. I'm just controlling this Lord's body." Black Lord said.

"Ah, okay." Emuri replied.

"If wondering what am I doing here, well it's nothing." Black Lord said.

"Nothing?" Emuri said.

Black Lord sighed again. "Wake up. This isn't real. You're not real. Wake up!"

"H-huh?.. Wake up..?" Suddenly, Emuri started to feel dizzy, and her vision started to blur. She fell down onto the floor.

*Back at the Foundation*

Emuri woke up quickly. The alarm went on as a containment breached happened. Dr. Viola was not there. "Gah!" She breathed quickly. "W-what?! Fio?! Sunbeam?! Moonfall?! Faye?!" Emuri sat up. She looked at the alarm pulsing red light.

She got up of the gatch bed and walked out of the room. She doesn't know what's going on but knowing something bad happened.

Emuri walked for a few minutes until she started running. She is afraid that something will attack her.

Emuri kept running, but until she bumped into someone. She looked up at the person.

The person looked back as he got bumped. The person was wearing an Anguish Mask.

"I'm sorry!-" as she looked at him eye to eye. She recognized who it was. "W-wait.. Black Lord?!" Emuri was surprised to see him.

"Ah, so you recognize me. Ms. Boyle." SCP-035 said.

"Glad that you woke up. Unfortunately, you heard too much about Alagadda. With no hesitation, I must kill you."

"No. No! Don't!" Emuri said.

"Very well, I'll make a promise here. Forget everything you saw in your dreams. Let's say.. It was all a hallucination. Promise?" SCP-035 said.

Emuri sighed. "Promise."

"Good, right now. You better go away from me before I change my mind." 035 said.

Emuri nodded and ran away from 035. Never see each other again. Unless..

[The End]

:> I enjoy writing this and make you feel interested in the story. If you want to know the aftermath here. Well, here it is.

------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours and 30 minutes later, Emuri got a keycard to access Enterance Zone. She entered the zone. As she started to look at her surroundings as she walked room by room, she encountered a mask laying on the floor with the host on the ground.

Emuri looked at the mask and knew it's him again.

"You again?" Emuri said.

The mask was on the floor showing comedy. He sees Emuri standing and looking. He used his telepathy ability at Emuri, convincing her to wear the mask.

Emuri started to hear voices in her head. She stepped closer at the mask and picked the mask up. She blinked and looked at it and was surprised that she was holding the mask.

The mask said something to her mind using his telepathy ability. "Let's break free from the chains."