Chapter 5

It had been a few days of missions for Cat, Sam and Bucky. It was now the night before Cat's birthday party.

Cat crawled into bed and snuggled up close to Bucky. "It feels great to be home."

Bucky nodded, pulling her closer. "Heard from your brothers?"

"No. I'm hoping they are just busy."

"Maybe." He moved so that Cat was laying on him. "So do you want your gift now or tomorrow?" "Now please."

Bucky chuckled, rolling them over before reaching into the nightstand and pulling out a box.

"Here."

Cat opened the box to reveal a set of custom dog tags. One read James Barnes with his birthdate, Winter Soldier, the date they started dating then finally Wildcat's Soldier. The other read Catalina Lawson with her birthdate, Wildcat, the date they started dating then finally Winter's Wildcat.

"James." She whispered as she ran her fingers over the tags. She rarely called him that so he knew she was touched.

"I made a call to T'Challa so they are made from Vibranium." He took them out of the box and slid it around her neck. "I have a matching set."

Cat just looked up at him and rubbed his cheek. "You are amazing."

"I try to do better for you."

"You've always been better." She leaned up kissing him and pulling him close.

He ran a hand down her side bringing her leg over his waist. The coolness from his metal arm caused goosebumps as he nipped at his lip. He pressed closer to her groaning slightly as she started taking his shirt off.

-A few hours later-

Cat flopped back onto the bed with a smile slightly purring. Bucky chuckled as he pulled her back over close.

"Better?" He asked running fingers up and down her back.

Cat nodded, laying her head on his chest drawing patterns. "Definitely."

"When do you want to go to the cabin?"

"Next weekend?"

"Sounds good. Go to sleep Doll it's late."

"I love you James."

"I love you too Cat."

-The next morning-

Bucky groaned as a phone went off and buried his face into Cat's neck.

"Doll please answer your phone, it's too early."

Cat groaned and grabbed it, putting it to her ear.

"It's too early. Someone better be dead or dying."

A warm chuckle responded. "Considering we are practically immortal, dying isn't happening."

Cat sighed partially in relief and partially in annoyance. "Your interrupting sleepy time Lo. What's up?"

Bucky grunted cuddling closer to Cat. He didn't recognize the voice. "Who is it?"

"My brother."

"Do you have a man in your bed?" Logan asked as he watched the students run then glancing at Victor who had a scowl on his face.

"It's my boyfriend I was telling you about. Speak before I hang up and go back to sleep."

"Fine look I got the invitation to your birthday party tonight and wanted to let you know I'm coming but so is Victor."

Cat groaned and covered her head with an arm. Last thing she needed was Victor causing issues. "Fine. Tell him to be civil tonight, also meet me early at my favorite diner. I'm letting you meet my boyfriend before the party."

"Alright Kitten go back to sleep, I'll see you at 4." Logan hung up and glanced at Victor. "You heard her right?"

"Yeah yeah I'll play nice." He said, rolling his eyes before leaving. "See you at 4 Jimmy."

Bucky sighed and kissed Cat on the shoulder. "Whose Victor?"

"Oldest brother." Cat responded putting her phone back

"You are throwing me to the wolves aren't you?"

Cat laughed and propped herself onto his chest. "Just a Sabertooth and a Wolverine."

Bucky furrowed his brow, those two codenames sounding familiar. "Wait. Logan and Victor.. are their last names Howlett and Creed?"

"Yeah. How did you know?"

"They were in the Howling Commandos with me and Steve."

Cat groaned and fell back. "Shit." She looked at the ceiling. "Well this is going to be interesting."