Chapter 13

Tony stared at the conference room in confusion and glanced at Steve.

"Why are all these new people here?"

Steve shrugged. "No idea."

Bucky sighed as he walked up. "They are here to help protect Cat." He walked into the room. A few seconds later, Tony and Steve followed behind.

"Say that again for us tin man." Tony stated.

Bucky looked at the group. "You guys are here because Demetris is back."

Eddie swallowed. "What do you mean he is back?" Venom moved out of Eddie. "Where is kitty?"

"She's sleeping right now, Venom, but she will be happy to see you." Bucky sighed. "Cat went on a mission with me and Sam over there. Found out there's a new Super Soldier serum. Unfortunately for us, it has traces of Feral in it."

Gambit tilted his head and looked at Logan. "I thought little chaton was the last true Feral?"

Logan sighed. "As far as we knew, she was. As of right now, we know Demetris is working with whoever did this serum, and it means a trip to Madripoor."

Wade giggled and clapped his hands. "Fun times coming up."

Bucky took a breath. "Unfortunately, Cat isn't going to be focused on this mission unless she slips into Wildcat. You guys are coming because well.."

"She sees Demetris, and she will go berserker." Victor responded. "Especially since..."

Matt tilted his head. "Her mate will be in danger, and she is about to have a heat cycle." He smirked slightly, noticing the quietness. "You guys realize my sense of smell is almost as good as hers is, right?"

Tony raised a hand. "I'm sorry, Mate? Berserker?"

Bucky rolled his eyes. "Mate." He points to himself. "Her animal side chose to keep me as her life partner, so they marked me. Berserker is when she recedes to nothing but primal animalistic rage. Logan has that particular trait. Cat didn't have it at first, but after her run in with Demetris, he did something to her brain, and now she has it as well. Lucky for us, she is harder to get to that point. You actually saw a bit of that mode during the fight against Thanos."

Tony tilted his head and thought for a second. "I thought she was a little more violent than usual."

Victor spoke up. "So, any questions?"

Luke raised a hand. "How long until we leave?"

Bucky closes his eyes, grateful that Cat had friends who were willing to help. "Two days. Meet back at the hangar bay at 0600."

Everyone but Victor, Logan, Eddie, and Matt left. They stayed where they were looking at Bucky.

"How is she doing?" Victor asked as he went to the bar in the room and made a drink.

Bucky sat down and rubbed his face. "She's terrified."

Matt nodded and leaned his head back. "You're worried that this brings the cycle up sooner."

Bucky nodded, and then he looked at Matt. He tilted his head. "How did I not know you guys used to date? I'm just realizing how well you know her."

Matt shrugged. "The sex was great, but we didn't work as a couple. So we became friends with benefits for a while until she started seeing you and now we are just best friends."

Bucky sighed. "Sometimes your bluntness is unneeded, Matt."

"She chose you as her mate Bucky. You have something none of her exes, old lovers, or even people she has met over the one hundred and eighty three years she's been on this planet has that made her choose you as her partner for life. She loves you deeply with both sides of her."