Chapter 14

Cat stood next to Bucky as everyone started to arrive. Victor, Logan, Sam, Eddie, and Matt were already aboard the jet.

Luke pulled up and got off Jessica's motorcycle. "Cat." He greeted as he walked over, giving her a tight hug.

"Hey Luke. Thanks for coming."

"Hey Jessica and I told you that if you ever needed us to call."

Cat nodded and watched as Gambit came strolling up. "Hey, Gumbo." She hugged him, slipping a hand in his coat and stealing his deck of cards.

He laughed, taking the deck back. "Hello, chaton. Let's go kick some ass."

Wade came up dancing to whatever music was playing in his head. Cat rolled her eyes and quickly ran and slid knocking him on his ass. She pressed the heel of her boot into his neck. "Head in the game, Wade." Wade laughed as he grabbed her foot and tossed her towards Bucky. "Yeah, yeah, keep your panties on Cat."

Bucky shook his head used to their antics. "What panties." He muttered as they started onto the jet.

Wade looked at the two. "Really?! For shame, going on a mission without clean underwear."

Cat rolled her eyes as Gambit took the pilot seat. "Fuck you Wade."

"Please do."

Bucky pulled out a gun and pointed it at Wade's head. "What did I say last time?"

Wade held his hands up in surrender. "Just playing."

Cat put her headphones in and turned the music up to drown everything out. She laid down putting her head on Victor''s lap putting her body on Bucky and her legs on Logan.

Victor sighed and grew his nails out slightly and started to lightly scratch at Cat's scalp in random patterns. Bucky kept his metal hand on her hip slightly under her shirt so that she could stay grounded while Logan rubbed his hand up and down her calf. They knew she needed all three of them to give her the strength to slip onto a mode she hated being in. The whole group started talking quietly as Cat intertwined her fingers with Bucky's and closed her eyes.

-several hours later-

The jet landed and Cat was fast asleep. Bucky sighed, gathering her up in his arms. Luke grabbed his bag as well as the one Bucky and Cat shared. He nodded at Bucky before following Logan and Victor. Matt and Eddie walked beside Bucky while Wade walked in front of him and Gambit walked behind. Logan opened up the safe house and turned on the lights.

"Plenty of rooms. Bucky you take the master suite for you and Cat. It's the only one with a tub and I think she might need it."

Bucky nodded following Logan to the room. He stepped inside laying Cat on the bed and slowly removed her earbuds and got her undressed.

"Doll what am I going to do with you?" He whispered as he moved hair from her face.

"Marry me." Cat mumbled as she burrowed into the pillow.

Bucky chuckled lightly and went to go shower. "Soon."

-ten minutes later-

Cat woke up and looked around. She smiled slightly hearing the shower and finished undressing walking into the bathroom. She stepped in and hugged Bucky from behind.

"You didn't wake me." She placed a kiss on his shoulder.

He turned and looked at her. "You haven't slept well. I wanted you to rest."

He reached over grabbing her shampoo and made her turn. He started washing her hair. Cat closed her eyes taking in the scent of lavender and vanilla.

"You know I like that your hair is so long and soft." Bucky said quietly as he ran his fingers through it.

"How come?"

"Well when I'm agitated, running my fingers through it makes me calm. When you decide I'm too warm to cuddle with, your hair can lay on my arm and I can still sleep well."

Cat smiled slightly knowing what he was trying to do. "What else do you like?"

Bucky laughed softly and rinsed her hair before he grabbed her loofah and started to wash her skin.

"Well your height is nice."

"I'm five five babe."

"Yes but you fit perfectly against me when we are laying down together. You have the most beautiful eyes. They change so many shades depending on your mood. I can just look into your eyes and tell what's going on with you."

"But your mating mark does the same thing."

"Aah but I could tell before you marked me."

Cat laughed softly and moved to face Bucky. "Fine." She laid her forehead onto his chest. "I'm scared." Cat whispered softly that Bucky's hearing barely picked it up.

"I am too." He whispered back, holding her close. "I almost lost you to Demetris once Doll and then we lost five years because of Thanos. I can't bear the thought of losing you again."

Cat sighed, tightening her arms around his waist. She knew what would happen if she lost him again and the thought crushed her.

A knock on the bathroom door pulled them slightly apart. "What Logan?" Cat asked as she picked up a loofah and started washing Bucky.

Logan leaned against the closed bathroom door. "Food is going to be gotten soon what do you guys want?"

"Burger for me." Bucky replied as he just let Cat do what she needed to.

"Just something light please." Cat stated as she finished cleaning Bucky up.

Logan nodded slightly. "Do you want to eat away from everyone else?"

Cat thought about it and nodded slightly, rubbing her forehead into Bucky's chest.

"Yeah we'll eat alone. Cat needs to mellow in the bond for a bit." Bucky responded as he ran his fingers down her back.

"Alright give me like thirty minutes and you can go into the sitting room connected to the bedroom."

"Thanks Lo." Cat mumbled just holding onto Bucky absorbing the feelings of love and safety coming through the bond.

Bucky turned off the water and stepped out. He carefully dried Cat off before wrapping her hair in a towel and starting to rub lotion into her skin massaging the tightness away from her. He concentrated on pouring love and calm into the strokes before he helped her get dressed. After he was dressed he sat her infront of himself and started to brush her hair. Logan knocked on the connecting door.

"Food is here. Also told everyone to stay back." He said quietly sensing the need for calm before walking back to where the others were.

Bucky picked Cat up, taking her into the sitting area. He sat down holding her on his lap and ran his hand up and down her back while they ate quietly. After they finished he carried her to the bed and crawled in pulling her close. He wrapped his legs around hers while holding her close. He started to hum as he ran his fingers through her hair.

Cat closed her eyes. "Thank you." She whispered as she started to drift.

"Anytime Doll." Bucky whispered back.