FIVE

MASE

MASE

mase
good morning sunshine!

mase
you up?

b2💗
nope.xx

mase
well that's too bad because
im outside your apartment!

b2💗
you don't even know where i live

mase
oh yes i do

mase
you're forgetting who
your DD was that night
when we met and your
brother was blacked out.

mase
anyway, im outside, love
come open the door!

b2💗
that's a cute joke. no thanks haha

mase
joke??? Lol.

———

"UH BERKLEY, CAN YOU COME HERE FOR A SEC?" The sudden sound of her brothers voice booming through her apartment made the girl groan as she tossed her phone aside after reading Mason's message. The comfort of her bed was much too pleasant for her to leave, but she also knew that if she stayed in her bed for another second, she wouldn't stop hearing the unbearable sound of her brothers call from downstairs.

Berkley grabbed the hoodie that sat at the foot of her bed before slipping it over her, covering over her shorts. She rubbed her eyes as she stepped into her bunny slippers and began to walk downstairs.

Her brother was only staying with her while her roommates were away because he needed to get out of the house, and while Berkley pestered him to just get his own place, he always made a valid argument about how he would be going to America for football anyway and there would just be no point.

"Berkley!" He called again, making her roll her eyes as she sped up her steps just slightly down the stairs.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" She retorted, grunting at his impatience as she quickly turned the corner with irritation. "What do you want-" the girl stopped at once as she looked up, seeing as her brother stood by the door that was now wide open. It took her a moment until she registered what was happening.

Romeo stared at her with confusion as he nodded faintly towards the doorway that he held open. Following his movement, her eyes were then met by the sight of Mason Mount, standing patiently with a small smile as he rocked back and forth on his heels, a bouquet of flowers in his hands. She felt her heart jump for a second, though she was unaware why.