FOURTEEN

"Woman entering the premises! Is everybody decent?" Berkley Beckham covered her eyes with her hand as she stepped into the Chelsea change room, announcing her presence.

"Mason, your missus is here, quick! Take your shirt off!"

"Oh piss off, Tam!" The girl smiled as she heard that familiar laugh near her, splitting her fingers as she peaked through to thankfully see everybody either fully dressed or in their shorts and undershirt.

She looked up to see Mason approaching her, entirely match ready with his boots on and his track jacket zipped up completely. This was the first time she'd be watching one of his games (with the intention of going for him) and she couldn't help but feel weak at the sight of him in his kit.

"What are you doing down here?" He beamed. She could sense his nerves from where she stood, knowing he just tried his hardest to hide it.

"Thought I'd wish you all good luck," Berkley shrugged. She watched as Mason found his way to stand beside her, draping his arm around her shoulder as the rest of the change room began to surround the girl to say thank you.

He could feel her tense at the sight of them, rubbing her shoulder soothingly as he looked down at her.

"Nice shirt, Beckham," she heard an American accent speak from behind her. Berkley turned her head to see Christian finding his way to her side, carefully touching the fabric of her sleeve as he shrugged, "should say Pulisic on the back though."

"Absolutely not," Ben Chilwell suddenly chimed. He held his shirt in his hands as his blue undershirt hugged his muscles, walking up to the three before chucking his shirt at Berkley. "That's the one for you."

Mason scoffed, taking the shirt from the girl's grasp before chucking it back at Chilly's face. "You had your chance, you two."

Christian threw his hands up in defence, "she's all yours, bro. Just saying as I'm still obviously her favourite..."

Berkley snorted a chuckle, slapping her hand over her mouth as Mason gave him a sharp laugh. "Okay Pubes."

The couple watched as Christian's face fell, pressing his lips together as they stared at him. "Ha ha very funny." He looked to Ben who stood beside him, seeing him struggle to not release a laugh. "Oh my God."

Ben looked at him as Christian began to stomp off, throwing his hands up in innocence. "What?!"

"You're suppose to be one of my best friends!"

"But I am!" Ben cried, following the boy back to their respective lockers to leave Mason and Berkley to speak alone.

Berkley could feel how Mason tensed at that moment. His breathing was shaky and his hands continued to fidget with the printed number at the back of her shirt. The girl turned to look up at him, grabbing his hand as she felt it shake against her back before grabbing the other one. The boy looked down at her, forcing a smile upon his face as she stared at him calmly.

"Would you rather date a penguin or a whale?" She asked him, entirely out of the blue.

Mason chuckled slightly at her random question, tilting his head in confusion as he answered anyway. "A penguin probably."