Viral

Y/N was scrolling through social media, trying to ignore the Instagram notifications. He'd dropped the video for Why earlier that day and it was apparently gathering quite a bit of attention.

He suddenly came across a YouTube notification.

Before They Were Famous: NF

The teenager was curious as he clicked on the video.

"Before NF would post one of the best freestyles on Instagram, before the post would have over a million views and over three hundred thousand likes, before NF would get noticed by influential rappers like Joyner Lucas and Eminem, before NF would release the songs Change, Know and the viral music video for his song Why"

Y/N smiled at the video as Michael McCrudden spoke, wondering how much about him was even out there.

"NF is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with in the rap game, becoming one of the young lyrical rappers of the year. Despite his huge amount of success, nobody knows if NF actually plans to do music professionally or if this is just a pastime of his.

NF's real name is Y/N L/N and was born on July 18th 2004, meaning he's currently 18 years old,which is a shock because according to people who analyzed the freestyle be did, which is currently being dubbed "Lost" by the rapper's followers,the boy was able to reach 4-5 syllables per bar and matched it up for a few more bars that followed. Then there's the fact that he switched up flows and voice in the second verse, basically sounding like someone else completely! For a kid, that's hella impressive!"

Y/N shook his head and smiled. He never thought anyone would analyse his songs this much.

"Anyways! Y/N goes to Michigan State University,a college known for it's superb academics and extracurricular activities..."

The video continued with Y/N being impressed by how much research Michael had done on him. By the end of the video, Michael asked the viewers what direction they think Y/N would take next or if his career go any further. After the video ended,Y/N went to the comments to read a few.

"It'd be stupid if he doesn't. The guy has the skills and charisma. Not to mention the recognition of other celebrities. That's basically the biggest Go Ahead he could get!"

That comment had 3.1K likes. Scrolling down,he found another.. and it wasn't very pleasant.

"This kid is corny as hell. A low budget Eminem who thinks he's being 'deep' lol. I give him a month before he falls off"

Luckily, someone replied to it in Y/N's defense.

"The guy is just putting his honest feelings out there in form of music and you're out here hating on him? Pathetic"

Y/N was going to read more but he was interrupted by an incoming call.

Fish Face 😑

Y/N smiled at the caller ID and immediately picked up.

"Hey,sis!"

"DON'T YOU 'HEY SIS' ME, YOUNG MAN!"

Y/N flinched at the volume of Ava's voice, almost dropping his phone.

"Dude,why are you mad-"

"I'm mad because I had to find out my brother's famous by coming online!" The older girl screeched. "Not a call,not a single text! Really,Y/N?"

"I didn't plan to get this popular!" Y/N defended. "Seth is basically the one behind all this!"

"But you did go viral and still didn't tell me!" Ava said.