003

01x03

The 118 got a call about a runaway bouncy house. It usually wouldn't be a job for firefighters, but there were still kids inside of it and a man got thrown from it when it took off. It was hanging from the side of a cliff when they arrived on the scene.

"Adult male, down on the hillside," Hen called into the radio. "We got three kids in a bouncy house."

"All right, we're gonna stage the trucks on that service road," the captain explained, "Hen, I want you and Buck to rappel down, anchor that bouncy house. Assess the condition of those kids, start to send them down one by one in the basket. I will take care of the dad."

Jamie and Chimney were told to stay up by the cliff, much to Chimney's dismay. According to him he never got to do any of the "fun stuff". Jamie honestly agreed with him, usually, Buck is the one who gets to do the more physically demanding and fun stuff, but she also understood why that was the case. He was in the best shape of all of them, despite Chimney being a firefighter for longer.

Jamie watched in anticipation as Buck and Hen rappelled down to the bouncy house to get the kids out. Buck called for her over the radio to lower the basket so she did.

They managed to successfully extract all the kids. The dad had hit his head and had to ride the ambulance, along with one of the kids, but they were positive they were going to be okay.

"Dad! Dad!" one of the kids, Cameron, ran from his stepmother's side to his father, the stepmother following closely behind to check on her husband. "I thought you were dead."

"I'm okay, Cam," the father assured him. "We're both okay. Love you so much."

"I love you so much, too."

----

Jamie was laying on the couch in the firehouse with her legs across Buck, reading a book, while he and Hen were playing a videogame and bickering. Hen pulled the controller from Buck's hand causing him to yell out.

"What? Hen! Please -- someone call HR!"

"You two are like children," Jamie muttered while turning a page in her book.

"Chimney!" Hen exclaimed and tried to give Buck's controller to Chimney who was walking past, "here, you're up!"

He didn't say anything and just walked past them to the kitchen. Buck and Jamie exchanged a look before getting up and following him.

"What's going on?" Jamie asked with a concerned voice.

"Look, Chim, if there's something that you want to talk about..." Buck said, putting an arm around Jamie's shoulders.

Chimney closed the fridge with an irritated sigh. "I'm a good-looking guy right?"

Jamie shrugged, "Of course."

"I mean like, you could do a lot worse than me?" Chimney continued.

"Chimney, I've done a whole lot worse than you," Hen said.

"Me too," Jamie agreed.

Bobby handed Buck a set of plates to set out on the table, causing him to remove his arm from Jamie. She absentmindedly placed her hand on her shoulder where his had previously been.

"You think I'd be a good father?" Chimney asked earnestly.

"You'd definitely be a lot better than mine, at least," Jamie said and Hen chimed in with "of course, Chim."

"What is this about?"

He then proceeded to tell them that he had asked his girlfriend, Tatiana, to marry him. She had apparently told him that she had cheated on a fiancé that he didn't even know about, and that they need to break up, but that she didn't know.