004

01x04

"Really? If you want some, just ask," Hen scolded Buck as he took a piece of food straight from the pan.

"I'm good, I already ate," he answered absent-mindedly.

"You still owe me 20 bucks, don't think I-ma forget," Hen said to him as she opened the fridge. Jamie chuckled slightly as she leaned against the counter.

"You're never gonna get that money back," she told her.

"He's doing it again," Buck said, nodding to where Bobby was sitting.

"What? Eating dinner?" Hen asked.

"Staring into that book. Come on, you must have a line on the gossip around here. What is it? Why-why is he so obsessed with it?"

"Mm-mm. All I'm gonna tell you about that book is to stay the hell away from it." Hen warned him.

"Yeah, it's none of your business, Buck," Jamie agreed.

Buck kept pressuring Hen about the book, but Jamie was starving so she decided to just sit down and eat and ignore her best friend. It was working well up until Bobby slammed him against the wall.

"I did try to warn him," Hen muttered to Jamie with a sigh. To everyone's luck, the alarm went off just then.

————

"You guys ever seen something like this before?" Buck asked them as they arrived at the scene. A plane had crashed into the water, and now the water was on fire while the plane was slowly sinking.

They made their way out to the plane by a small boat. They could hear the whirring of a helicopter above them and people screaming for their loved ones.

"The water's on fire," Buck gasped.

"That's jet fuel," Bobby explained.

"I count 12 to 15 victims on the wing and at least 30 in the water!" Hen shouted.

"How long before this thing sinks?" Jamie asked.

"Based on the timing of the swells, I don't think the plane can take more than four or five sets before going down."

They started evacuating people to the beach as quickly as they could. They had made it to the inside of the plane to try to help the people who were stuck there.

Bobby and Buck started trying to help a woman and her young son. The son seemed fine except for a few superficial wounds, but the woman's legs were pinned underneath the chair. It would be tricky to get her out, and her son didn't want to leave without her. Buck grabbed the son after the mother had been able to convince him to go without her and carried him to the boat.

The plane sank some more so more water got in. It was now even trickier to get the woman out and they were running out of time.

"Buck, Jamie. Check the back of the plane, we're running low on time," their captain ordered them.

They waded through the water and heard someone shout and bang on the bathroom door. Hen was the first one over there and quickly realised they were trapped. Buck and Jamie started working on trying to move the cart that was blocking the door.

"Wait! Hold the boat!" Buck shouted over the radio. "Tie the rope to the cart," he told Jamie.

She grabbed one end of the rope and tied it to the cart and Buck handed the other end to one of the people on the boat.

"Good to go!" she shouted once it was secure and Buck ordered the boat to go. The cart shot through the plane and almost hit Buck but he ducked right on time.