008

01x08

Jamie sat down at the dining table as Jordan placed their dinner on the table. The three roommates alternated days cooking and they always looked forward to Jordan's day, she was the best cook out of the three of them. On Jamie's days they usually just ordered takeout since she worked long shifts and was too lazy to cook. 

"Hey so I have a question," Angel told Jamie as she put food on her plate.

"Okay," Jamie said with uncertainty. Angel's questions could either be totally unhinged or really reasonable.

"How come your boyfriend has gotten to meet your team but we haven't?"

"Yeah that's a good question actually," Jordie agreed.

Jamie looked between the two for a moment, a smile slowly growing on her face. "I wasn't aware that you wanted to meet them," she told them.

"Of course we do! You're with them more than you're with us, we want to know who they are," Jordie informed her.

"All right, I'll set something up," she smiled at them while taking a bite of her food.

Jamie spent the rest of the dinner telling them stories about her team so that they would know what to expect when they did meet them. She was actually excited for them to meet, Angel and Jordan were her family and so was the 118, they're all she has, so she would love it if those worlds could combine.

After dinner there was a knock at their door, neither of them was expecting anyone so they looked at each other with confused expressions. Collin was supposed to practice with his band for an upcoming show all night so she knew it couldn't be him.

Jamie shrugged and opened the door, she didn't expect to be met with a blond, tall man standing there with a smile on his face.

"Buck!" She greeted him and pulled him into a hug, "what are you doing here?"

He held up a bag filled with what she could only assume were snacks, "I thought we could have a movie night," he told her as he stepped into her apartment.

"Movie night sounds like a great idea," she smiled at him while closing the front door.

They were currently sitting on her bed, re-watching 'The Greatest Showman' for the twentieth time. It was Jamie's favorite movie and Buck always volunteered to watch it with her. They sat in complete silence as they watched Zendaya and Zac Efron perform 'Rewrite the Stars'.  

"How's it going with Abby?" she asked cautiously after a while. 

"It's good, I mean, she's busy a lot since she takes care of her mom, but it's good." 

"Hmm," was the only response she gave. She pursed her lips and stared straight ahead at the TV. She wanted to voice her concern but she knew that Buck wouldn't take it well. Besides, his relationship was none of her business. She could feel him watching her, and after a while, she reluctantly turned her head to face him. 

"What?" she asked. He had crossed his arms over his chest, looking defensive already, and Jamie knew that she couldn't say anything negative about Abby. 

"Do you not like Abby?" 

She groaned and ran her fingers through her hair. "Does it matter? You like her, that's what's important, no?" 

"Well, I want you to like her too. You're the most important person in my life right now, your opinion matters." She raised a brow and searched his face. He looked sincere, so she took his hand and interlaced their fingers, giving his hand a squeeze while doing so. 

"As long as you're happy, Evan, I'm happy for you." She met his gaze and he playfully bumped her shoulder with his causing a big smile to break out on both their faces.